Stopping in to say hello and to introduce myself

Grindngearz83

Hello all...My name is Carlos and I’m new to the forums. I recently picked up a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali and thought I’d stop in and say hello. I looked around but didn’t see a specific area for new member introductions. If I missed it, my apologies. As far as the truck, it’s the 5.3 and picked it up on Long Island. Truck has 18,000 miles. Car fax checked out clean, was a lease ending trade in and it seems that the previous owner took very good care of it. The screen protector is still on the screen. I’m big into cars so I’m familiar with motors and whatnot but trucks are a different ball game and may have a lot of questions. as far as mods, I’ve done the weather tech Matt’s all around, rear seat undertray, cubby organizer and convinced the dealer to install the gmc trifold cover that was on another vehicle for sale but I already have my regrets it’s it. Other than that I love the truck and hope to have good luck with it. Any tips are always appreciated. also.....like many others, the wireless charger doesn’t work and I canno for the life of me connect my android to android auto...but my wife’s connects just fine which is aggravating. Anyways...here we goooooo.

09569873-3DF4-4C46-B15A-CA6289721BF4.jpeg

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Grindngearz83 said:

Hello all...My name is Carlos and I’m new to the forums. I recently picked up a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali and thought I’d stop in and say hello. I looked around but didn’t see a specific area for new member introductions. If I missed it, my apologies. As far as the truck, it’s the 5.3 and picked it up on Long Island. Truck has 18,000 miles. Car fax checked out clean, was a lease ending trade in and it seems that the previous owner took very good care of it. The screen protector is still on the screen. I’m big into cars so I’m familiar with motors and whatnot but trucks are a different ball game and may have a lot of questions. as far as mods, I’ve done the weather tech Matt’s all around, rear seat undertray, cubby organizer and convinced the dealer to install the gmc trifold cover that was on another vehicle for sale but I already have my regrets it’s it. Other than that I love the truck and hope to have good luck with it. Any tips are always appreciated. also.....like many others, the wireless charger doesn’t work and I canno for the life of me connect my android to android auto...but my wife’s connects just fine which is aggravating. Anyways...here we goooooo.

09569873-3DF4-4C46-B15A-CA6289721BF4.jpeg

Welcome to the site.

Great looking truck! What phone case (charger) are you using with your phone?

I have a Mophie for my iPhone 7 work phone and it works great.

1 hour ago, JimCost2014 said:

Welcome to the site.

Great looking truck! What phone case (charger) are you using with your phone?

I have a Mophie for my iPhone 7 work phone and it works great.

I have a samsung galaxy s7 plus,  it even without the case...doesn’t work. Rear somewhere about changing the module would prob work.

I think the charger module switch happened in late 2016 production to affect late 2016 and early 2017 models. Might be off on that.... but there is plenty of threads on the wireless charger. Best to pull your console lid liner down (panel clips, no screws) and check the part number and compare to see if it's the good one or the old one. Also, if you find you have the new one and still chant charge, its probably a broken wire somewhere near the hinge. My 2016 was a broken wire AND wrong module. Swapped it and then soldered the old wires and its perfect for the last year I've owned the truck.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk