OnStar Proactive Alert - SAC005 - What is normal battery voltage in the morning?

Been getting this email every Wednesday from OnStar - 

Your 2020 Chevrolet Silverado detects a battery, starter or connection issue. The battery is needed to start the vehicle. To avoid a situation where you can't start your vehicle, please schedule service with your preferred service provider as soon as possible, so they can determine if your Battery or Starter needs replacing. You can still drive your Chevrolet but it may become harder to start. And if the battery does fail, you will not be able to start the vehicle. Please disregard this message if your vehicle is already in for service (as this could be a false notification if the vehicle is in for service and the service being performed affects this component).

Service Code SAC005.

Took it a month ago to be checked, dealer couldn't find any issues, they relashed some software. The next Wednesday, no email, think we are good. Now the last two weeks the emaisl have returned. Dealer is going to look at it again this week.

What should the battery voltage be after sitting over night? I've been keeping a log this week and I'm seeing about 12.3 volts in the morning. Is this too low of a charge? Of course the voltage was higher when at the dealer as it charged up while driving there. What is a normal voltage to have in the morning? Thank you.

• 7 months later...

I'm also getting these FALSE messages (3). It's been three months or so from the first one, and every time I have been able to start my Equinox without a problem. My assumption is, as most electronic components are hypersensitive to voltage fluctuations, is that the vehicle's computer controller needs to be RESET - as do modems, PCs and laptops, when things become unresponsive.

Unfortunately, there's no other way but to disconnect the battery for at least 30 seconds in order to reset all components, at once. I will try that next time this happens to me and will post my experiences here, hopefully saying that in fact these messages were all false alarms.

14 hours ago, Genaro said:

I'm also getting these FALSE messages (3). It's been three months or so from the first one, and every time I have been able to start my Equinox without a problem. My assumption is, as most electronic components are hypersensitive to voltage fluctuations, is that the vehicle's computer controller needs to be RESET - as do modems, PCs and laptops, when things become unresponsive.

Unfortunately, there's no other way but to disconnect the battery for at least 30 seconds in order to reset all components, at once. I will try that next time this happens to me and will post my experiences here, hopefully saying that in fact these messages were all false alarms.

Welcome to the site.

Equinox?

• Haha 1