2500HD Fuel Filler

On every vehicle I have ever owned or maintained, I have installed a locking gas cap to eliminate theft, contamination and vandalism. I have no idea what the GM brain trust was thinking when they designed the fuel filler on these trucks??? Open the gas door and there is no way to secure the fuel filler opening. Does anyone make a replacement neck that will acccept a screw-on cap so that a locking model may be installed to secure the filler port? Is there a kit to allow installation of a locking gas cap on the factory fuel filler?  All suggestions welcomed - Thanks. A problem eliminated is a problem solved!!!

Edited by spm1us

Locking gas caps can be defeated in a matter of seconds and offer scant protection if any.  A locking fuel door just means there will be more damage to the truck when someone jimmies it. Make it too hard and they'll just puncture the tank, take what they need and let the rest drain to the ground. 

I know better than most that a lock is for an honest man but nevertheless it is still a deterrent. This is ridiculous, in these times, not to have any security for the fuel system on a vehicle that costs $80K!!! Using your logic no one would lock their home, business or vehicle.  I assume you have locks on your home and also utilize them?

• 1 month later...