Where do you buy your aftermarket parts?

Hello all,

I just bought a new to me 2018 Silverado 2500HD LTZ last week.  I'm looking to start getting parts for it. 

I'm wondering where everybody gets there aftermarket parts from and why.

I was originally looking on realtruck.com, however I saw that they had tons of negative reviews so it made me hesitant to follow through.  

All input appreciated.

Just to confirm,..... Are you looking for Aftermarket Accessories?(wheels, bed covers, lifts)?.... Or are you looking for aftermarket replacement parts (alternator, CV axles, etc)

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Varies depending on what I am buying and how fast I need it.  For local repair parts, usually will go with our motor parts store, which is a napa store.  If not urgent time wise, will sometimes use rockauto.

Been looking at realtruck's bumper's and seat cover's.  Prices seem fair.

Edited by shadow gray 2020 hd
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, shadow gray 2020 hd said:

Varies depending on what I am buying and how fast I need it.  For local repair parts, usually will go with our motor parts store, which is a napa store.  If not urgent time wise, will sometimes use rockauto.

Been looking at realtruck's bumper's and seat cover's.  Prices seem fair.

They certainly do have fair/competitive pricing when looking at other sites.image.thumb.png.4600abeb50aed67d7b211d8632137b0a.png 

This Picture tends to make me want to steer away from them however.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Daedelus523 said:

This Picture tends to make me want to steer away from them however.

Thanks for posting the reviews, had not checked any reviews on them yet.  Agree that I would not take my chances with them either after seeing that. 

A bumper or grill guard is in the not too far off future for my 2500, had looked at a few at realtruck, but also was looking at bumper superstore and a few other places.  Will definitely check back in here to see others suggestions.

Ebay, check sellers feed back, compare prices.

Amazon, just a pain in the butt to find what you're looking for.

Internet, type in what you're looking for and truck model and year, you'll find dozens.

Use one card for all purchases, seems safer.

Edited by gearheadesw

On 9/22/2020 at 8:07 AM, gearheadesw said:

Ebay, check sellers feed back, compare prices.

Amazon, just a pain in the butt to find what you're looking for.

Internet, type in what you're looking for and truck model and year, you'll find dozens.

Use one card for all purchases, seems safer.

This is helpful, thank you.  

• Like 1

Hate to say it, but REALTRUCK has been a nightmare. Ordered a tonneau and nerf bars for new truck. Tonneau was damaged right out of the box and the nerf bars are backordered and they will not just "cancel"  due to being too busy.  I called and emailed to cancel the order due to them sating it would be 14 days (showed in-stock at time of order?). I need step bars to get the kids into the truck...  Probably stalling the 14 day backorder time to then ship and say "sorry these were shipped already". They have good selection and pricing, but I will not buy from them again.

I am following this tread to find the best place to buy the rest of the things I end up buying for my trucks!! 

• 4 weeks later...

I have had good results from AutoAnything.com. Last years Black Friday sale prices were better then all others on Pace Edward retractable tonneau. Shipping was 3 days free. Plus coupon which I never used.

• 1 month later...