Aftermarket wheel stance

Good day,

I have a 2017 gmc sierra 1500 and i am interested to get aftermarket wheels.

What i noticed is that most aftermaket wheels are 8.5 inches width with 0 offset (4.75 backspacing). Can you guys tell me the if the wheels will be flush with oem fenders or will it be out of the fenders ? If out of fenders how far out ? 

Here its illegal to have your wheels and tires out of the fender wells but if its very close to flush i can pass.

If you guys share your experience and what you have seen as wheels width and offset and the distance between wheel and fender as a reference. 

Check out the gallery on custom offsets, there are tons of set-ups with different size wheels and offset that can give you a good idea of fitment. For example I have 20x10 -24 offset on my '14 Sierra they stick out about 1.5-2 inches from the fender.

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery?suspension=Stock&sort=date&page=2&year=2017&make=GMC&model=Sierra 1500

Edited by MtN33R

Original tires on my 2018 LTZ were 32.1x11.2 (285/45/r22) and the wheels were 22" +24 (9Jx22 ET24).

I moved to 18x9 +1. Depending on the width of the tire mounted (I have 10.8" on now), they sit about flush at the top of the fender well. 

20200925_193744.jpg