2015 silverado dead

I have a 2015 silverado with aftermarket engine and underglow light mods. Well I can usually leave the lights on all night and it will crank fine the next day. Well yesterday I cranked my vehicle and when I go to leave for lunch the truck clicks once, all of my dash lights and instruments come on without hesitation then a click again. Did the same about 3 hours later jumped off the vehicle both times. Well I replaces the battery last night. It cranked fine this morning and ran perfect all day. Well about an hour ago I drove 5 min down the road to the gas station. Cranked perfect when I left my house. I killed the truck for 2 minutes, filled the tank, and behold it does the same thing it was doing yesterday. Had to have someone come jump me off. What could this be?

• 2 months later...
I have a 2015 silverado with aftermarket engine and underglow light mods. Well I can usually leave the lights on all night and it will crank fine the next day. Well yesterday I cranked my vehicle and when I go to leave for lunch the truck clicks once, all of my dash lights and instruments come on without hesitation then a click again. Did the same about 3 hours later jumped off the vehicle both times. Well I replaces the battery last night. It cranked fine this morning and ran perfect all day. Well about an hour ago I drove 5 min down the road to the gas station. Cranked perfect when I left my house. I killed the truck for 2 minutes, filled the tank, and behold it does the same thing it was doing yesterday. Had to have someone come jump me off. What could this be?

Did you ever get this issue resolved? If so, I am interested to know what the problem was and how it was cured. I'm having the same issue here... Starts fine most of the time but sometimes just a click and gauges and lights all work but no start. Looking for a spot to begin diagnosing it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, MrWeller said:

Did you ever get this issue resolved? If so, I am interested to know what the problem was and how it was cured. I'm having the same issue here... Starts fine most of the time but sometimes just a click and gauges and lights all work but no start. Looking for a spot to begin diagnosing it...

I had the same issue, minus the jump needed, just an intermittent click, no start, ended up being the Starter

• Like 1

I had the same issue, minus the jump needed, just an intermittent click, no start, ended up being the Starter

Thanks Beer Belly! I'll be looking into the starter for it.

On 12/2/2020 at 10:16 AM, MrWeller said:

Thanks Beer Belly! I'll be looking into the starter for it.

It was the starter. Sometimes it locks for whatever reason and a buddy of mine showed me put the key in the ignition and constantly try to start the vehicle by turning the key on and off. After a few tries it starts right back up