4” lift

Hello, has anyone done a 4” lift on these new 2020 HDs. I know Cognito and CST have kits out there. If anyone put one of these on please post some photos and specs on your setup please. Really trying to determine if I want a leveled truck with 35s or a lifted truck on 37s. 

28 minutes ago, motorsswin said:

Hello, has anyone done a 4” lift on these new 2020 HDs. I know Cognito and CST have kits out there. If anyone put one of these on please post some photos and specs on your setup please. Really trying to determine if I want a leveled truck with 35s or a lifted truck on 37s. 

I ordered the Cognito 4" lift when they released it... 2 months later I still didn't have the kit so I just cancelled my order.  After another month or so, I re-ordered just a Cognito leveling kit with some upgraded Fox shocks.... I'm still waiting!

According to Cognito, there is some kind of huge delay on the Fox shocks with the external reservoirs and thats what is causing the delay.

Yes my shop said the cognito leveling kit with the non reservoir fox 2.0 were also on back order too. I was also told that the gmc can not fit 37s on the 4” because the inner fenders are not as deep as the chevys. Don’t know how if that’s true so I’m hoping someone here can chime in. 

6 hours ago, motorsswin said:

Yes my shop said the cognito leveling kit with the non reservoir fox 2.0 were also on back order too. I was also told that the gmc can not fit 37s on the 4” because the inner fenders are not as deep as the chevys. Don’t know how if that’s true so I’m hoping someone here can chime in. 

This guy only has a leveling kit and 37's... I've actually seen several GMC's leveled with 37's on Instagram and YouTube. 

Also, Cognito's website says their 4" kit will accommodate 37's on a 9" wide wheel with a 0 offset. 

I'll be running pretty much this same setup on my truck as soon as Fox gets their sh*t together and starts producing/shipping the reservoir shocks

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 12.07.39 AM.jpeg

Edited by gSwift

8 minutes ago, gSwift said:

This guy only has a leveling kit and 37's... I've actually seen several GMC's leveled with 37's on Instagram and YouTube. 

Also, Cognito's website says their 4" kit will accommodate 37's on a 9" wide wheel with a 0 offset. 

I'll be running pretty much this same setup on my truck as soon as Fox gets their sh*t together and starts producing/shipping the reservoir shocks

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 12.07.39 AM.jpeg

Oh well that settles it then. That truck looks good. Still don’t know if I’m going the 4” with 37s or the leveling with 35s 

8 minutes ago, motorsswin said:

Oh well that settles it then. That truck looks good. Still don’t know if I’m going the 4” with 37s or the leveling with 35s 

I'm just doing the 3" level with 37's on mine. To me, the extra inch isn't worth the extra $1800 for the 4" kit.  Now I understand the 4" kit is a proper lift, but my truck will be 95% on pavement, so its hard to justify that extra cost

9 minutes ago, gSwift said:

I'm just doing the 3" level with 37's on mine. To me, the extra inch isn't worth the extra $1800 for the 4" kit.  Now I understand the 4" kit is a proper lift, but my truck will be 95% on pavement, so its hard to justify that extra cost

Yes I do agree with that. What kit are you going with? I like the truck in the readylift page. Looks really good 

BB357541-98BA-42F7-A4B9-5D8E341642E1.jpeg

4 minutes ago, motorsswin said:

Yes I do agree with that. What kit are you going with? I like the truck in the readylift page. Looks really good 

BB357541-98BA-42F7-A4B9-5D8E341642E1.jpeg

Yeah I saw the YouTube video on that truck. It looks real good

I went with this kit. But I also added a 1.5" block for the rear so its not nose high. I only have like 1.75" difference between the front and rear of my truck.

https://cognitomotorsports.com/i-30499695-cognito-3-inch-premier-leveling-kit-with-fox-psrr-2-0-for-gm.html#!submodel%3DTRUCK||model%3D2500||make%3DGM||year%3D2020

Edited by gSwift

38 minutes ago, gSwift said:

Yeah I saw the YouTube video on that truck. It looks real good

I went with this kit. But I also added a 1.5" block for the rear so its not nose high. I only have like 1.75" difference between the front and rear of my truck.

https://cognitomotorsports.com/i-30499695-cognito-3-inch-premier-leveling-kit-with-fox-psrr-2-0-for-gm.html#!submodel%3DTRUCK||model%3D2500||make%3DGM||year%3D2020

That will look good. Looking forward to seeing it 

I just finished my kit. I have a hybrid kit. My truck had 1 1/2" rake from the factory, not much. So I went up 2.5"/2"

I used Cognito's new UCA that doesn't require the frame bumpstop to be cut, and the Readylift kit, but with 2020 Fox 2.0 shocks all around. I have the kit set at 2.5".

I have about 1" rake front to back, which is what I wanted. I have about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" gap between the UCA and the frame stop. I did use the diff drop spacer, but did not need to use the skid plate spacers. The CV axles are decent, obviously steeper than stock. 

I am happy with the way it turned out. Ride is good, maybe a touch stiffer than stock. Alignment was surprisingly nearly dead on, except the toe needed to be adjusted.

I thought about the 4" Cognito kit, but there is so much cutting and drilling involved, I did not want to go down that path.

My biggest issue is trying to find a wheel and tire combo that I want to go with. I can't decide on offset. The 20s I like only come in a 0 offset. The 18s only come in a +18. But I don't know ??‍♂️

8 hours ago, kylant said:

I just finished my kit. I have a hybrid kit. My truck had 1 1/2" rake from the factory, not much. So I went up 2.5"/2"

I used Cognito's new UCA that doesn't require the frame bumpstop to be cut, and the Readylift kit, but with 2020 Fox 2.0 shocks all around. I have the kit set at 2.5".

I have about 1" rake front to back, which is what I wanted. I have about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" gap between the UCA and the frame stop. I did use the diff drop spacer, but did not need to use the skid plate spacers. The CV axles are decent, obviously steeper than stock. 

I am happy with the way it turned out. Ride is good, maybe a touch stiffer than stock. Alignment was surprisingly nearly dead on, except the toe needed to be adjusted.

I thought about the 4" Cognito kit, but there is so much cutting and drilling involved, I did not want to go down that path.

My biggest issue is trying to find a wheel and tire combo that I want to go with. I can't decide on offset. The 20s I like only come in a 0 offset. The 18s only come in a +18. But I don't know ??‍♂️

Sounds like a nice setup. Post some pics when you get her done.

14 hours ago, kylant said:

Readylift did a -12 I think on there Silverado I posted earlier. I think that looks good. Make sure to post some photos when your all done. 

1 hour ago, CT Chevy Connoisseur said:

3 inch superlift kit will not cleanly fit 35’s not sure how people are expecting 37’s to fit. I have the 3” lift with 35’s and 20 x 10’s and that setup still requires trimming in the front

3654B4A0-2F02-405F-A283-7E8A2E22B5E7.jpeg

I think if you do a quick Google search, you'll find several new 2500's running nothing but a level and 37's. It will obviously also have a lot to do with wheel offset.  I like my AT4 wheels, so i'll be running those just like the AT4 i posted above. I don't mind cutting the truck up... won't be the first truck

Edited by gSwift

1 hour ago, CT Chevy Connoisseur said:

3 inch superlift kit will not cleanly fit 35’s not sure how people are expecting 37’s to fit. I have the 3” lift with 35’s and 20 x 10’s and that setup still requires trimming in the front

3654B4A0-2F02-405F-A283-7E8A2E22B5E7.jpeg

Yeah my 35" tires with my -18 offset definitely rubs while going over bumps with a slight turn in the wheel. There's less than a half-inch of clearance between the fender well/bumper (metal part) leading edge and the corner of the tire at certain points of turning.  You'd have to have a higher offset to bring the wheel in further, so while my wheel wouldn't necessarily work with a 37" tire, a higher offset wheel might.  It truly all depends, just like @gSwift said.  I've been waiting to post pictures of my setup until after I get a good car wash!