GM Dash Cam Issue

Purchased my first truck (2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 CarbonPro Edition) last month and picked up the GM Dash Cam (Thinkware F800) with points and some discount.

Got it installed yesterday but I'm having an issue where it'll turn itself off after a few minutes of driving. The IGN-3F ignition module slow blinks when I first get into the truck and turns solid once I start the car which is working as expected. However, after a few minutes the module goes to blinking like the car is turned off. 

Any ideas/suggestions?

Purchased my first truck (2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 CarbonPro Edition) last month and picked up the GM Dash Cam (Thinkware F800) with points and some discount.

Got it installed yesterday but I'm having an issue where it'll turn itself off after a few minutes of driving. The IGN-3F ignition module slow blinks when I first get into the truck and turns solid once I start the car which is working as expected. However, after a few minutes the module goes to blinking like the car is turned off. 

Any ideas/suggestions?
I've been thinking about getting one of these units, let us know how it gets resolved.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I installed the unit last Friday and only tested things while on the driveway idling. Looks like if you're driving the truck it behaves normally. My commute to work is ~20 minutes and it did not shut off. 

It somehow knows if you're idle and turns itself off after a few minutes, I need to look and see if there's a setting to disable that.

For those looking to get it, installation is super simple. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the dealership install this on my truck back in July before I took delivery. I love it, and love the sentry mode the most. Only annoyance is the beeping it makes every time you go over a rough bump. It's not enough of an annoyance for me to do about it though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk