Accessing the instrument cluster

18 hours ago, kodiakdenali said:

Does anyone know how to access the instrument cluster of the new Sierra? To remove it and/or remove the gauge lens to access the gauges themselves? Any chance its fairly easy to get to without taking too much of the dash apart?

Dealership - Parts man - get a print  out . Hope that helps

Removing the actual cluster is a 10 minute job. I did it when I upgraded from the SLT cluster to the Denali cluster. I think there’s a YouTube video, or maybe it was on WAM’s website.

I finally found it. This doesn’t help with talking the lens off, but at least helps get the cluster out.

awesome! thanks!

I was just going for something pretty simple, I want to see if I can use my vinyl machine to add all the missing numbers back onto the speedometer... but this has me wondering, I didn't know replacing the cluster with another was that easy. the last car I looked into this (C5) it was way more complicated due to the fact that the odometer information was stored in the cluster itself. You can't swap it without sending it to someone who can set the odo for you. But it appears that everything important is stored elsewhere on these trucks. So you can really just swap them out like this? I like the silverado cluster much more than the one in my Denali...or for that matter, I wonder if you can swap in the "lower spec" silverado cluster into a denali? Does anyone know if there are any features that the denali cluster offers that I'd be losing if I did so? I don't want to lose any of the information, menus or functionality, but I like the real physical analog gauges much better than these stupid simulated ones my current cluster has, which are nearly impossible to read due to them being a bar graph style with a blue foreground and black background...Even if one of the lower clusters wouldn't work, the simulated gauges of the Silverado look much nicer than the Denali ones, red needles instead of white, round gauges rather than chamfered squares....I may need to look into that.

awesome! thanks!
I was just going for something pretty simple, I want to see if I can use my vinyl machine to add all the missing numbers back onto the speedometer... but this has me wondering, I didn't know replacing the cluster with another was that easy. the last car I looked into this (C5) it was way more complicated due to the fact that the odometer information was stored in the cluster itself. You can't swap it without sending it to someone who can set the odo for you. But it appears that everything important is stored elsewhere on these trucks. So you can really just swap them out like this? I like the silverado cluster much more than the one in my Denali...or for that matter, I wonder if you can swap in the "lower spec" silverado cluster into a denali? Does anyone know if there are any features that the denali cluster offers that I'd be losing if I did so? I don't want to lose any of the information, menus or functionality, but I like the real physical analog gauges much better than these stupid simulated ones my current cluster has, which are nearly impossible to read due to them being a bar graph style with a blue foreground and black background...Even if one of the lower clusters wouldn't work, the simulated gauges of the Silverado look much nicer than the Denali ones, red needles instead of white, round gauges rather than chamfered squares....I may need to look into that.

No, you would still have to find someone to program another cluster for you if you go that route. WAM’s is one vendor who offers that service.