2021 Kicker Multipro Tailgate System HELP!!!

So I had a 2020 GMC AT4 with the multipro tailgate for about 6 weeks before someone ran a stop sign and totaled it. I had ordered a bass boat to match the truck so as soon as it was totaled I was on the hunt for a replacement of the EXACT same truck. I ended up finding one states away that showed up 2 weeks after the initial delivery date and I had rescheduled my flight to go get it 4 times. When it did finally come in I flew down to get it on a Saturday and the dealership did not have time to install the kicker system in the tailgate on this truck but I told them no big deal because I knew i install it with no issues. Now this new truck is a 2021 instead of a 2020 but I don't see where anything has changed in the tailgate. Well of course if I'm posting this I have an issue...LOL

I was able to install all the brackets, components and wires with no issues  but when it came to the final step of hooking up the kicker panel and installing it, it will not fit. I have attached a picture of the instructions and you can see in that picture the panel has a recessed area in the middle to go around the bolts. It also has double holes that you have to drill in the tailgate to install. The panel that came in the GM box does not have the recessed edges for it to fit. It also has one hole between the speakers and the double holes on the ends of the panel do not even line up with the holes in the tailgate. I'm thinking that this is a panel that goes to a different vehicle...but how could that be? Do any other vehicles even have this kicker setup?

Kicker1.png

Kicker2.jpg

KIcker3.jpg

The part number listed on the box seems correct but that panel definitely different from the one on my 2020 Sierra Denali. There are two screws in each section on my panel. If you compare the plastic section from the the top edge to the top of the speaker grill, it appears shorter on your new part. How about the length of it from end to end?  Has GM announced Kicker tailgate speakers for the Silverado Multiflex tailgate or even another truck like the Hummer or Colorado? Maybe it's been re-boxed and you have the wrong part. Hope your dealership can resolve it. Keep us posted.

Here's a pic of my speakers.

IMG_0679.thumb.JPG.5c98fa09ac1e3ca434eccfbe3057d2ad.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 4:53 PM, Kclyatt said:

Seems to be a part/box mix-up because that appears to be the one for the HD pickup tailgate!kicker.jpg.866dfa0419afba1827fa1c2145bda7f1.jpg

Thank you so much!!!!

My local dealership has a new one for me to come pickup but I had been trying to figure out what the heck mine fit. Now I know!

On 11/30/2020 at 6:42 PM, LKGRenegade22 said:

So I had a 2020 GMC AT4 with the multipro tailgate for about 6 weeks before someone ran a stop sign and totaled it. I had ordered a bass boat to match the truck so as soon as it was totaled I was on the hunt for a replacement of the EXACT same truck. I ended up finding one states away that showed up 2 weeks after the initial delivery date and I had rescheduled my flight to go get it 4 times. When it did finally come in I flew down to get it on a Saturday and the dealership did not have time to install the kicker system in the tailgate on this truck but I told them no big deal because I knew i install it with no issues. Now this new truck is a 2021 instead of a 2020 but I don't see where anything has changed in the tailgate. Well of course if I'm posting this I have an issue...LOL

I was able to install all the brackets, components and wires with no issues  but when it came to the final step of hooking up the kicker panel and installing it, it will not fit. I have attached a picture of the instructions and you can see in that picture the panel has a recessed area in the middle to go around the bolts. It also has double holes that you have to drill in the tailgate to install. The panel that came in the GM box does not have the recessed edges for it to fit. It also has one hole between the speakers and the double holes on the ends of the panel do not even line up with the holes in the tailgate. I'm thinking that this is a panel that goes to a different vehicle...but how could that be? Do any other vehicles even have this kicker setup?

For more information about cold air intake for gmc sierra please visit website here.

Kicker1.png

Kicker2.jpg

KIcker3.jpg

I faced the same problem about half a year ago.
I received a panel by mail that simply did not fit my car, I could not do anything about it, I will be glad if there is someone here who solved this problem!

5 hours ago, Simon Ingram said:

I faced the same problem about half a year ago.
I received a panel by mail that simply did not fit my car, I could not do anything about it, I will be glad if there is someone here who solved this problem!

If it's an official GM part just go to your local dealer, that's what I did.