Your replacements have arrived

flyingfool

There has never been a 1000 satellites. There is currently 893 satellites up. 60 satellites get sent up at a time on various SpaceX launches. Some of the satellites never became functional but some loss is expected. Also 60 of the first satellites sent up as tests have been deorbitted and destroyed. They are currently allocated to put up 12000 satellites but ultimately want to put up around 40000 of them.
I know 2 people that live in Idaho that chose to spend the $500 to get the equipment to be part of the beta program. They said they haven't been able to get over 45Mbps and latency is around 18, but its better then the HughesNet they have been using. Sometimes is goes in and out,but that's because of gaps in the satellites positions since not fully deployed yet.

Now with all that said I can say I don't really give a crap. There can be 5 satellites or 50000 who cares. If someone wants to use the internet it provides, fine. If it can spy on me, then they can have fun watching me sit on the toilet and take a crap, whatever.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1