See through oem bed holes

14 hours ago, Brad Young said:

So I recently put on a canopy and was looking from the tailgate forward for gaps and noticed that at the sides of the box at the front you can see right through to the back of the cab. Anyone know of a "cover" for the front of the box or a safe way to fill these holes? 

Welcome to this forum!  I also have a canopy on my truck but do not know what you are describing.  A picture would be helpful.  Are you describing a gap that can be filled by RV caulk or is there an actual hole needing a cover?  Is the light coming  through the bed of the truck or the canopy?  If the later, Is the canopy built specifically for your year and model of truck?

50 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Welcome to this forum!  I also have a canopy on my truck but do not know what you are describing.  A picture would be helpful.  Are you describing a gap that can be filled by RV caulk or is there an actual hole needing a cover?  Is the light coming  through the bed of the truck or the canopy?  If the later, Is the canopy built specifically for your year and model of truck?

So if you stand at the back of the truck bend down to the tailgate level and look forward leaving left and right you can see through the corners of the bed or to the back of the cab. I figured I might just use black spray foam to fill the holes but couldn't find any aftermarket parts to cover that area. If you were to look between the cab and the box you can see holes at the front of the box. My idea was there is a cover of some kind you can get for that area on the front of the box between the cab not filling the whole gap but just converting it. But if not I'll figure it out. More curious than anything

1 hour ago, Brad Young said:

So if you stand at the back of the truck bend down to the tailgate level and look forward leaving left and right you can see through the corners of the bed or to the back of the cab. I figured I might just use black spray foam to fill the holes but couldn't find any aftermarket parts to cover that area. If you were to look between the cab and the box you can see holes at the front of the box. My idea was there is a cover of some kind you can get for that area on the front of the box between the cab not filling the whole gap but just converting it. But if not I'll figure it out. More curious than anything

If I recall correctly, some silicone was used on the inside corners.  I had my canopy installed at the place of purchase.  I suggest you stop by a truck accessory store that sells and installs canopies and get some free advice.  Buy the sealant they recommend.  I used to buy sealant specified for RV's for my trailer and it was user friendly and discrete when applied properly.

It's not the canopy I checked that when we put it on even took it off twice to add sealant.

It's the truck bed. Honestly I'm surprised there is any confusion on this topic. Go look at your truck you'll see it. The canopy place pointed out to me showed me exactly.

I only wanted to know if anyone else had dealt with this with some aftermarket part or products but maybe even though I searched the mighty Google no one has ever looked deep into their truck bodies

5 hours ago, Brad Young said:

It's not the canopy I checked that when we put it on even took it off twice to add sealant.

It's the truck bed. Honestly I'm surprised there is any confusion on this topic. Go look at your truck you'll see it. The canopy place pointed out to me showed me exactly.

I only wanted to know if anyone else had dealt with this with some aftermarket part or products but maybe even though I searched the mighty Google no one has ever looked deep into their truck bodies

I concur -- lots of people, err trucks, have this issue (feature), they (the owners) just don't know about it. ?

I used some black spray foam to zap that gap! Trim off the excess once dried and problem solved. Other areas to hit/consider include the tiny pin holes along the front of the bed (assuming you have the OEM spray in bedliner). Last, but not least, for the "openness" under the bed rails, get yourself some closed cell foam (the gray stuff used for window shaker AC units) and fill in all the voids. Once inserted, you can quickly hit the ends with the spray foam to tack them into place. Can you tell I like spray foam? ?

Whatever you do, don't sit at the head of the bed and look out the tailgate...talk about daylight that's damn near impossible to eliminate using weather-stripping. ?