New Rubber - Falken Wildpeak H/T02

Wasn't really needing new tires but didn't want to pay money for an oem that couldn't be patched so I pulled the trigger. Been eyeing these for a while. I couldn't justify the cost of the AT3Ws that I had on my 2017 Z71 since I never go off-road and do a lot of highway miles for work...I like the sidewall and the mileage warranty...anyway, no thoughts yet on driving with them but thought I'd post a couple of pics. They're not cleaned up yet but still change the look quite a bit and I'm please...thoughts on driving to come

IMG_20210108_173625899.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dtholmanmax said:

Wasn't really needing new tires but didn't want to pay money for an oem that couldn't be patched so I pulled the trigger. Been eyeing these for a while. I couldn't justify the cost of the AT3Ws that I had on my 2017 Z71 since I never go off-road and do a lot of highway miles for work...I like the sidewall and the mileage warranty...anyway, no thoughts yet on driving with them but thought I'd post a couple of pics. They're not cleaned up yet but still change the look quite a bit and I'm please...thoughts on driving to come

IMG_20210108_173625899.jpg

Thanks for posting, these look great. I am looking for a good highway and towing tire while trying to maintain a good look. The AT3Ws, Ko2, Ridge Grappler, etc are just too aggressive for what I want... but these I will have to look into!

Please keep this thread posted with your opinion as you get some miles on them!

Edited by Duramax3oh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welp got my Bilsteins installed today and went ahead with these Wildpeak H/T02 in size LT275/65R20. Thanks for intro OP! Your lug tread seems slightly larger/more pronounced than mine. I wonder if each side is a little different, if so I might switch them around next tire rotation. 

My impression so far, they are much more subdued and tame looking like OEM style. Maybe the other side has a slight “better” look... but I like them so far. Haven’t tested them at all but I think they will fit my needs well as largely highway and towing tire. They are extremely quiet which was important to me. 

50399157-41D5-4438-A053-92710C7DB850.jpeg

7FD4D556-B3DD-472F-B1FC-C0744463DF38.jpeg

Edited by Duramax3oh

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry I've been actually working and not messing around in here too much. Yeah each side is a bit different. I think the general sidewall lug is about the same but one side has raised outline of the lettering which is what I went with. Like OWL but without the white...I think they're about equal on sound to the OEM Bridgestones but may be slightly heavier as mpg has dipped just a hair. Haven't driven in heavy rain with them yet but seemed fine in a few days days of heavy drizzle and wet roads

Edited by dtholmanmax

• 8 months later...
On 2/2/2021 at 11:26 PM, dtholmanmax said:

Btw went with SL as I hardly ever tow

Now that you've had a lot of seat time. What are your overall thoughts? Ride compliance? (feeling on small bumps) and highway smoothness? I hate when you end up fighting tires to get a good balance.