Trail Boss Lift Options

Im happy to try and search this if someone can tell me how. Im trying to figure out the best options and the best lift for my trail boss. Im thinking I would like to end up with 6"of total lift. When I look at lifts its confusing with the trail boss. Any help would be much appreciated.  

10 hours ago, 21trailboss said:

Im happy to try and search this if someone can tell me how. Im trying to figure out the best options and the best lift for my trail boss. Im thinking I would like to end up with 6"of total lift. When I look at lifts its confusing with the trail boss. Any help would be much appreciated.  

As far as i can tell there isnt a 6" lift out for the trail boss right now. You'd need to get a 4" lift and that would be the equivalent of a 6" lift on a standard silverado. If you're willing to hold off for a bit ready lift has an 8" lift for the silverado id bet would make it over to the trailboss soon. That would give you 6" of lift over what you have now.

36 minutes ago, Unclebud87 said:

As far as i can tell there isnt a 6" lift out for the trail boss right now. You'd need to get a 4" lift and that would be the equivalent of a 6" lift on a standard silverado. If you're willing to hold off for a bit ready lift has an 8" lift for the silverado id bet would make it over to the trailboss soon. That would give you 6" of lift over what you have now.

Thanks bud!  I am willing to hold off.....in fact I woke up this morning thinking I need to just cool my jets a little. I'm going to just try and level the truck for now and enjoy it.  I was looking a kit from ready lift to do just that but I had some questions about it as well in another thread. For the record I was thinking 6 total....so the 4" with my already 2" would be what I was looking for.  Thanks again!  

21 minutes ago, 21trailboss said:

Thanks bud!  I am willing to hold off.....in fact I woke up this morning thinking I need to just cool my jets a little. I'm going to just try and level the truck for now and enjoy it.  I was looking a kit from ready lift to do just that but I had some questions about it as well in another thread. For the record I was thinking 6 total....so the 4" with my already 2" would be what I was looking for.  Thanks again!  

If you go the route of a leveling kit make sure you get one that comes with new control arms. The factory ball joints aren't holding up. In the process of changing mine now.

scrap out shocks and block and throw std 6" lift on there......remove the shocks and its standard silverado, has lifted strut in front to get the height......you can just get whole new kit with shocks, no waiting.....sell stock kit on ebay for someone who wants to lift their standard truck....though they wont have longer cv axles, but they arent crazy expensive....

combing 2 lifts kinda seems idk.....a bit mickey mouse....just a thought anyway

Edited by Dunn

7 hours ago, Dunn said:

scrap out shocks and block and throw std 6" lift on there......remove the shocks and its standard silverado, has lifted strut in front to get the height......you can just get whole new kit with shocks, no waiting.....sell stock kit on ebay for someone who wants to lift their standard truck....though they wont have longer cv axles, but they arent crazy expensive....

I've often wondered this myself.  I don't understand why all the lift companies state "not for TB/AT4".  Isn't the truck returned to a "standard" non-TB/AT4 when the front struts and rear blocks are removed?  The only difference would then be the longer CVs left in the truck.  So, why can't I just order and install any lift kit then?

1 hour ago, lapoolboy said:

I've often wondered this myself.  I don't understand why all the lift companies state "not for TB/AT4".  Isn't the truck returned to a "standard" non-TB/AT4 when the front struts and rear blocks are removed?  The only difference would then be the longer CVs left in the truck.  So, why can't I just order and install any lift kit then?

That's the companys covering their butts for insurance purposes. You really just need standard length front struts to put on with the kit unless I'm missing something.

5 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

Having longer cv axles would be a good thing not a bad thing for lifted truck

But yeah take out stock TB lift you have stock silverado platform to work off of.......most good lift kits will give you new shocks, UCAs, diff spacers and block anyways....not cheapest route but certainly a better one i would think for life of truck, ride quality and performance..

Think it may be company's that are combining their spacer kits to the standard/TB existing kits is the issue.....thats why some say not for TB if its meant for standard silvy (using existing suspension)

a complete kit shouldn't matter cuz your replacing everything....

Edited by Dunn

On 1/16/2021 at 11:29 AM, Unclebud87 said:

If you go the route of a leveling kit make sure you get one that comes with new control arms. The factory ball joints aren't holding up. In the process of changing mine now.

What leveling kit did you end up going with?

19 hours ago, Dunn said:

You're all over it! I was researching this this weekend....probably as you were writing your post lol. I will end up installing a 6" lift (maybe even 8") for a non trail boss. Will sell everything off my truck except my trail boss CV's. 

So on the lift kit ....I want to take the time to have a complete plan as far as lift company I want to use. Shock company I want to use. Custom wheels and  tires I want. I want all of this in the garage and ready to install in one weekend. This is easily $10k and need to put in the time and research so there are no expensive mistakes. 

Because the rake in the truck is bugging me.... For now Im just going to level the truck with a kit that includes upper control arms. 

14 minutes ago, Unclebud87 said:

It's a Zone 1.75" kit with uppercontol arms. It's coming in Wednesday. It uses preload spacers and a small puck spacer on top of the strut to keep from over extending.

I had a thread started about RC 2" level/lift kit and RC says if you install their kit you should not use auto 4wd it could damage your truck.

They also say the same thing about their 1.75" leveling kit....dont use auto 4wd.

ReadyLIFT | 2019-2021 GMC AT4 and Chevy Trail Boss - 1.75'' Leveling Kit

So I'm wondering if this type of damage is possible with RC is it possible with all the brands of leveling kits? What would make the other kits any better? 

28 minutes ago, 21trailboss said:

I had a thread started about RC 2" level/lift kit and RC says if you install their kit you should not use auto 4wd it could damage your truck.

They also say the same thing about their 1.75" leveling kit....dont use auto 4wd.

ReadyLIFT | 2019-2021 GMC AT4 and Chevy Trail Boss - 1.75'' Leveling Kit

So I'm wondering if this type of damage is possible with RC is it possible with all the brands of leveling kits? What would make the other kits any better? 

It's an issue with the big leveling kits and actual lift kits. It's only an issue with auto 4wd. Something about vibrations

23 minutes ago, Unclebud87 said:

It's an issue with the big leveling kits and actual lift kits. It's only an issue with auto 4wd. Something about vibrations

That makes sense......so I assume your not planning on using auto 4wd? 

Edited by 21trailboss