Don't know if thats a new feature but in older models it had to be connected via a cable to work correctly. My 2016 you have to use a cable but its been 5 years so I would think it can go wireless. 

1 hour ago, GMC4Zee said:

Don't know if thats a new feature but in older models it had to be connected via a cable to work correctly. My 2016 you have to use a cable but its been 5 years so I would think it can go wireless. 

The 2021’s are the first year (I believe) that comes with wireless CarPlay 

On 1/22/2021 at 3:32 PM, Kirby Roberson said:

I have a new 2021 Silverado 2500HD and the Apple Carplay will not connect wirelessly. I am not that familiar with the system yet but was told by my salesman that it should connect. I have an Iphone 12 so the model phone is compatible. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Do you have Siri turned on.  I know with that off you won’t be able to use CarPlay. Maybe try turning Bluetooth off then back on. Sometimes mine won’t connect. I usually just put the iPhone in airplane mode for about 10 seconds and then turn it off. 

On 1/22/2021 at 4:32 PM, Kirby Roberson said:

I have a new 2021 Silverado 2500HD and the Apple Carplay will not connect wirelessly. I am not that familiar with the system yet but was told by my salesman that it should connect. I have an Iphone 12 so the model phone is compatible. Any suggestions or recommendations?

All radios for '21 have wired carplay.

'21 is the first year to have wireless carplay, but it still  depends on which radio/which trim you have.

NEW!  Wireless Phone Projection, for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

WT, Custom, Custom TB -- not available

LT, RST, LT Trailboss -  Included and only available with (PCM) Convenience Package II.

LTZ.HC - standard

Edited by redwngr

• 4 weeks later...