Gm intake 84789802

I’m getting a great deal on a used gm 84789802 intake obviously used so no code to re-tune my question is has anybody done this mod and never went to dealer to get it programmed for new intake if yes any check engine lights ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Julio13 said:

Ok perfect thanks again you have this done?

I have an S&B and many have 3rd party CAIs that flow way better and they don't require the flash.  I'm not 100% on what all the flash includes but feel it's more related to the air filter change interval than A/F mixtures which the truck can easily adapt to.

I have an S&B and many have 3rd party CAIs that flow way better and they don't require the flash.  I'm not 100% on what all the flash includes but feel it's more related to the air filter change interval than A/F mixtures which the truck can easily adapt to.

That’s exactly my thought I’ve had plenty of intakes and never had to flash don’t get why this one would be different but for 107 dollars I think is worth the risk

2 hours ago, Julio13 said:

Anybody that has this and has not done the flashing at dealer

You'd have to do a bit of digging but you won't be the first to install this without the flash.

17 hours ago, Julio13 said:

Anybody that has this and has not done the flashing at dealer

I installed my GM intake myself and drove it a week before getting it flashed at the dealer.  No codes, messages or errors in my case.  

I installed my GM intake myself and drove it a week before getting it flashed at the dealer.  No codes, messages or errors in my case.  

Same here. Drove for several days before getting the flash. No noticeable difference either way.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys unfortunately I lost the auction on eBay by 12 dollars it finally sold for 162 , that being said still looking on a deal on an intake

Was just scrolling through the forum and just realized I was the one who competed with you[emoji28] sorry but I needed it as well [emoji854]
BF84F1AE-6EB1-48F8-9F92-6B6FEC9716F6.thumb.jpeg.b990e83b0720bdcb8a55ab87368efbfb.jpeg

Not cool lol it’s ok you won it fair and square I’ll just keep looking for a good deal

I just had this GM intake installed on my 2020 5.3L by the dealer, and the flash was completed as part of the install.  The flash has nothing to do with the replace-air-filter interval warning on the DIC as the installation instructions tell the tech to disable that function in the DIC as it's not compatible with the non-standard air filter that comes with the CAI.  On other forums there is much speculation as to the actual purpose of the reflash, but it's all guessing - an adjustment for a difference in airflow (I assume at sea level), to compensate for a difference in the new location of the MAF sensor in relation to the air box, etc., and other ideas.  Who knows the real reason besides some GM tech in Detroit. As to whether or not you can get by without the reflash, one of the firsts posts on this forum is someone who installed it and encountered some issues after about a week (see below).  However, I will say this, the truck feels more responsive after the intake was installed.  I doubt that this is because of the negligible increase in horsepower and/or torque, but I believe it's more attributable to the reflash.  But this is all seat-of-the-pants sensing, and my butt is not calibrated, so I might very well be imagining things.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally bought an afe cai and it definitely makes a difference and looks 100 percent better than stock you do have to disable filter system if not you will get a check air filter system on your dash

https://afepower.com/afe-power-54-13058r-magnum-force-stage-2-cold-air-intake-system-w-pro-5r-filter