2021 Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Stereo

Hi, Has anyone got the 2021 Regular cab 1500 with the XM radio yet? The 2020's have the crappy two speaker system, and on the build, I don't see the "Premium Sound" option. They finally put back the XM option, but says two speaker system. My 2018 has the Premium Sound with six speakers and I don't want to step down into a New Truck.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s a 2 door truck.  there are only so many spots they can put speakers.  I upgraded my system with new door speakers and tweeters in the dash locations.  If you wanted a rear soundstage you could add speakers in the small area behind the seats.  Honestly rear sound stage isn’t needed.  Oh and add a sub or two.

On 2/12/2021 at 11:41 PM, Descartian said:

It’s a 2 door truck.  there are only so many spots they can put speakers.  I upgraded my system with new door speakers and tweeters in the dash locations.  If you wanted a rear soundstage you could add speakers in the small area behind the seats.  Honestly rear sound stage isn’t needed.  Oh and add a sub or two.

I've seen that space behind the seats...Do you know if anyone has done it yet?

Not in our model year specifically but it’s been done for many years on 2 door trucks.   The shop that did mine was installing a pair behind the seats (attached to the sub box) in a 60’s Chevy pickup. 

I decided to not do it in mine as rear soundstage is not very important. 

On 2/15/2021 at 10:24 AM, Descartian said:

Not in our model year specifically but it’s been done for many years on 2 door trucks.   The shop that did mine was installing a pair behind the seats (attached to the sub box) in a 60’s Chevy pickup. 

I decided to not do it in mine as rear soundstage is not very important. 

Thank you