Radio Signal Issue.

What's up everyone, finally got my first pickup and went with a 2019 Silverado custom v6. So far so good, I'm in love with the truck I've been wanting a truck ever since I could drive. 

My only issue I'm having so far is the radio signal, now while I mostly use the usb apple play I also like to listen to talk radio, no matter what station I turn to i get off and on signal and its always full of static. I cant even use the seek button, it will never stop on a station, I have to use the manual tune that way it'll at least stop on the station with weak signal. I've checked for updates on the firmware and says its all up to date, anyone got any ideas? The truck is basically stock besides the aftermarket wheels. Any ideas would be very appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Riley1500 said:

What's up everyone, finally got my first pickup and went with a 2019 Silverado custom v6. So far so good, I'm in love with the truck I've been wanting a truck ever since I could drive. 

My only issue I'm having so far is the radio signal, now while I mostly use the usb apple play I also like to listen to talk radio, no matter what station I turn to i get off and on signal and its always full of static. I cant even use the seek button, it will never stop on a station, I have to use the manual tune that way it'll at least stop on the station with weak signal. I've checked for updates on the firmware and says its all up to date, anyone got any ideas? The truck is basically stock besides the aftermarket wheels. Any ideas would be very appreciated. 

Listening to talk radio iam assuming its AM radio now AM radio is a very static frequency and prone to alot of interference  as its kinda of the norm to get this.

AM signal can travel a very long way hundreds of miles on a good night but the signal quality is not there prone to fading in and out and alot of static vs FM where the signal quality is good but can not travel very far

Edited by Silverado4x4

15 minutes ago, Silverado4x4 said:

Listening to talk radio iam assuming its AM radio now AM radio is a very static frequency and prone to alot of interference  as its kinda of the norm to get this.

My mistake, meant to type SPORTS talk radio, and on FM. Never used AM a day in my life honestly I'm a young buck lol