Stuck front passenger seat

Sounds like a silly question, but the front passenger seat (Manual) on our 2014 Silverado is somehow stuck in the most rearward position, which makes it difficult for someone to sit behind. I have looked underneath at the tracks and do not see anything broken or stuck in the track (compared it to our 2015 Sierra with manual passenger seat).  It just seems like the right side track is not disengaging when we lift the handle to try and move it.  Anyone have any tips on how to get it sliding again?  I was trying to see if I could removed the seat completely from the truck to work on it outside of the vehicle, but from what I can find, I need to be able to slide seat forward to get to the rear bolts holding the seat in, so I am stuck.

I have tried to use a long flat head screw driver to pry on the detent as someone lifts the handle, could not get anything to move.

18 hours ago, 2speedbump said:

When you move the lever to move  the seat, is there a cable that moves the catch on the opposite side of the seat?  If so it could be too loose to pull the cog out of the notch.

I'll double check that tonight, but from what I remember when I last messed with it (its been a few weeks), it was pretty taut. Initially when my son told me the seat was stuck in the rear position, I was wondering if that cable was loose or broken. 

It's been a lot of years since I had to look under a seat to check on that cable.  I'm sort of amazed that they still use cable.  Seems like they would put a motor on both sides.  They do that for practically everything else these days.  I'm amazed they still use the cable to do the same thing they did in the 50's.?

3 hours ago, 2speedbump said:

It's been a lot of years since I had to look under a seat to check on that cable.  I'm sort of amazed that they still use cable.  Seems like they would put a motor on both sides.  They do that for practically everything else these days.  I'm amazed they still use the cable to do the same thing they did in the 50's.?

actually now that I think about it again, I was thinking cable, but Im pretty sure its a metal rod that spans the tracks now. I'll double check when I get home today.