Laura TTL out of state

Dunn

15 minutes ago, Dunn said:

bucket seats,  door buttons and also the 10spd tranny.....still on fence between RAM and GMC....had 2 silverados past 2 years and i think they will outlast a ram reliability wise but jeez, i have hard time getting comfortable in new seats of GM trucks....trying to think 5 years down the road....kinda kickin my self for giving up my 19 RST as basically going right back to it, lol

The damn unsettling thud in the 8-speed after a cold start gets me every time. A few weeks ago, I accidentally peeled off from my parking spot and somebody just complained to the HOA I was peeling off and even submitted a picture of the asphalt with a 4-inch mark. I don't know about the 10-speed, but it seems to be much better.

I love the center console, my 2012 F-150 happened to have it and I could never live without it, especially after renting several trucks without it. I'm always carrying stuff so the buttons on the rear doors are nice.

The RST has unpredictable suspension with one side staying planted and the other jiggling wildly and going off pavement. At least with the F-150, all four wheels were equally jiggly and easier to control. RAM seems to be the same as the F-150, if not softer. But the knob to select gears.. I want it next to the steering wheel with a stick.

I looked at the 2021 Ford F-150, there doesn't seem to be a lot out there that has what I want in it. Starting September, the self-driving part will be activated. I seriously thought about it then I hear the 2022 GMC/Chevy will have that too. I will go for the GMC because of the door buttons. I think 2022 is going to be a big technological leap with Super Cruise. I'm sure with that are a lot of new stuff. Then there's the chip shortage so will it adversely affect the production? We'll see.

9 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

The damn unsettling thud in the 8-speed after a cold start gets me every time. A few weeks ago, I accidentally peeled off from my parking spot and somebody just complained to the HOA I was peeling off and even submitted a picture of the asphalt with a 4-inch mark. I don't know about the 10-speed, but it seems to be much better.

I love the center console, my 2012 F-150 happened to have it and I could never live without it, especially after renting several trucks without it. I'm always carrying stuff so the buttons on the rear doors are nice.

The RST has unpredictable suspension with one side staying planted and the other jiggling wildly and going off pavement. At least with the F-150, all four wheels were equally jiggly and easier to control. RAM seems to be the same as the F-150, if not softer. But the knob to select gears.. I want it next to the steering wheel with a stick.

I looked at the 2021 Ford F-150, there doesn't seem to be a lot out there that has what I want in it. Starting September, the self-driving part will be activated. I seriously thought about it then I hear the 2022 GMC/Chevy will have that too. I will go for the GMC because of the door buttons. I think 2022 is going to be a big technological leap with Super Cruise. I'm sure with that are a lot of new stuff. Then there's the chip shortage so will it adversely affect the production? We'll see.

My RST had that clunk but rarely, some had it alot worse....new 10spd is nothing but awesome from what I've heard......I just can't get a Ford....I need all storage I can get and center console is a must!....bench seat sucks, I hate it....I like column shifter as well.....test drove a Ram and dial was weird....truck rode nice and it has lot more options for same pricepoint....and seats seemed better but testdrive is almost a waste.....my silverado seemed so much different after I owned it compared to just the test drive I did b4 I bought it.....my 2500 I didn't even testdrive...bought it 100% online and they delivered it.....never set foot in a dealer, lol

10 minutes ago, Dunn said:

My RST had that clunk but rarely, some had it alot worse....new 10spd is nothing but awesome from what I've heard......I just can't get a Ford....I need all storage I can get and center console is a must!....bench seat sucks, I hate it....I like column shifter as well.....test drove a Ram and dial was weird....truck rode nice and it has lot more options for same pricepoint....and seats seemed better but testdrive is almost a waste.....my silverado seemed so much different after I owned it compared to just the test drive I did b4 I bought it.....my 2500 I didn't even testdrive...bought it 100% online and they delivered it.....never set foot in a dealer, lol

I was told to drive more on it to reduce the transmision clunk but.. ugh, I hated that so I started driving the Renault instead. You're right, the seat on the RAM is much more comfortable. People have different priorities when it comes to cars, I am comfortable on anything, or at least could make myself comfortable, so it wasn't an issue. RAM is cheaper for sure and that could translate to better resale value only if its past reliability issues doesn't catch up. Chevy had to discount their Silverado to compete against the RAM so I bought the Chevy knowing it will get better resale.

If I were you, I'd wait to see how technologically advanced the 2022 is with the super cruise and all that. That was the only reason I cancelled the 2021 F-150 since it also has a similar feature but it's to be activated in September 2021.. basically when the 2022 models come out. And people say a new dashboard is coming.. no doubt there will be a bigger screen. I am not too crazy about it, especially when I turn the damn thing off and this light gray hue still comes out of it so I know it's not really off.

yeah I dont really care about cruise control much..i dont drive long distances much and in LA almost impossible to use anyway and to tell you the truth it feels weird driving without controlling the gas pedal...GM screen is fine now, plus my truck has alot of value now idk how long that will last.....gas will continue to rise, though i may wait to see what next month brings.....probably more of same though.....

8 hours ago, Dunn said:

yeah I dont really care about cruise control much..i dont drive long distances much and in LA almost impossible to use anyway and to tell you the truth it feels weird driving without controlling the gas pedal...GM screen is fine now, plus my truck has alot of value now idk how long that will last.....gas will continue to rise, though i may wait to see what next month brings.....probably more of same though.....

I've driven in the SoCal bowl and adaptive cruise control is the only thing that makes it bearable.  

• Like 1

The idea of sleeping and letting the truck brake and steer is very appealing. Once it becomes available, I am taking my Silverado out of the ranch and getting the 2022. Heck, I could buy it 2,000 miles away and have it drive me all the way back to California.

Having driven a car with adaptive cruise control in Germany, I wouldn't like it very much here in Orange County since trucks go 55 mph while cars travel in excess of 80 mph and the car would slam its brakes every time it thought I was about to crash in the back of trucks when I was actually about to change lanes.

I believe Super Cruise will change lanes if it approaches a truck though. The Tesla does.

The idea of sleeping and letting the truck brake and steer is very appealing. Once it becomes available, I am taking my Silverado out of the ranch and getting the 2022. Heck, I could buy it 2,000 miles away and have it drive me all the way back to California.

Having driven a car with adaptive cruise control in Germany, I wouldn't like it very much here in Orange County since trucks go 55 mph while cars travel in excess of 80 mph and the car would slam its brakes every time it thought I was about to crash in the back of trucks when I was actually about to change lanes.

I believe Super Cruise will change lanes if it approaches a truck though. The Tesla does.
Trucks are only limited to 55 when towing, and 80 is speeding in SoCal. Posted limit is 65.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk