OEM Spalsh Guards

I've been trying to install the OEM front and rear splash guards for about 3 weeks. I've went through several different ones from the dealer. They keep saying they are the correct ones but they never line up correctly (see the pictures). The only part that lines up is the 2 screws that you have to remove to install.

Has anyone had this issue? Is this the correct rear part number?

20210206_190027.jpg

20210206_190456.jpg

1 hour ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I've been trying to install the OEM front and rear splash guards for about 3 weeks. I've went through several different ones from the dealer. They keep saying they are the correct ones but they never line up correctly (see the pictures). The only part that lines up is the 2 screws that you have to remove to install.

Has anyone had this issue? Is this the correct rear part number?

20210206_190027.jpg

20210206_190456.jpg

It’s correct.   That top plastic piece needs to be folded onto itself so it clamps to the wheel well.  So 4 holes become 2.  

5 minutes ago, SilveradoRST said:

It’s correct.   That top plastic piece needs to be folded onto itself so it clamps to the wheel well.  So 4 holes become 2.  

I get that, but the holes do not even line up to the bedside where it is supposed to be drilled. 

I shouldn't have to drill new holes in the splash guard. That'd stand out like a sore thumb.

Edited by mjonesjr84

14 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I get that, but the holes do not even line up to the bedside where it is supposed to be drilled. 

I shouldn't have to drill new holes in the splash guard. That'd stand out like a sore thumb.

Does it just clamp on the flange of the fender? 

Fold over part make it so it can't move outward (the edge of the fold-over pushes in the inside of the fender. hidden by the flange, while the portion on the outside of the fender keeps the guard from moving inboard. 

No-drill so not adding a new location for rust to start in visible location. 

Edited by redwngr

4 minutes ago, SilveradoRST said:

So there’s no sheet metal where hole A needs to be drilled?

ISheets_84110086.pdf 240.21 kB · 2 downloads

There is plenty where hole A is. Did you look at the picture? Holes E & D per your instructions and my picture are not on any metal.

1 minute ago, redwngr said:

Fold over part make it so it can't move outward (the edge of the fold-over pushes in the inside of the fender. hidden by the flange, while the portion on the outside of the fender keeps the guard from moving inboard. 

No-drill so not adding a new location for rust to start.

No, you have to drill the bedside and add a couple rivets (3). The bedsides are aluminum so no rust issues.

19 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

There is plenty where hole A is. Did you look at the picture? Holes E & D per your instructions and my picture are not on any metal.

Holes E and D don’t require metal.  The plastics folds onto itself and E and D screws into themselves once folded.  

Edit:  And yes, I did look at your picture.  Just trying to help.  

Edited by SilveradoRST

20 minutes ago, redwngr said:

No-drill so not adding a new location for rust to start in visible location. 

Yes, once folded the plastic just clamps onto the flange of the fender/wheel well.  No metal or drilling required for holes D and E.  

Edited by SilveradoRST
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SilveradoRST said:

Holes E and D don’t require metal.  The plastics folds onto itself and E and D screws into themselves once folded.  

Edit:  And yes, I did look at your picture.  Just trying to help.  

4 minutes ago, SilveradoRST said:

Yes, once folded the plastic just clamps onto the flange of the fender/wheel well.  No metal or drilling required for holes D and E.  

The instructions you posted as well as the ones I have say "Drill Here" and show rivets going into the holes on holes D & E in Figure 3. Why would you have to drill if you were not going into the bedside? The holes line up when you turn over the tab.

7 minutes ago, SilveradoRST said:

Do you have a set of these installed on your truck? If so, can you post a picture of how holes D & E are?

3 minutes ago, SilveradoRST said:

94A45D95-CB48-4570-85CE-84B478C30C3B.png

That's exactly what I needed to see. Did you install these or were they installed at the factory?

I would have thought that they would have went through the bedside.