What Are Connecting To Your 9L7 GM Upfitter Switches

We all know by now that we have 4 switches, with a 5th pre-wired for a light at the roof. So, the question is being asked, what are you connecting, or tend to connect to those switches? I figured we could do this for fun and to generate ideas for ourselves and others.

I'm currently working to connect the Baja Designs lights sold through GM Accessories.

I'm considering an ARB air compressor that mounts to the truck bed wall, possibly a train air horn (not seriously), and v some sort of electrical connection for power tool battery chargers.

How about you?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Awesome thread idea!  So far I have my footwell lighting (really like having them on a switch!) and backup lights in rear bumper. Saving one switch for a light bar in front grill when I figure out how to integrate one cleanly and not sure about the other 2 yet! 

88579ECA-234C-45AE-956C-E9F47FC66735.jpeg

199163B8-314C-4DAB-A576-37F38AFC8FD7.jpeg

Currently planning on the WAMS Spec BCM Strobe Controls and the Blackout/Stealth mode when the switches arrive [emoji4] Past that whatever else we add that requires a physical switch I guess! 
Blackout/Stealth mode??? You have my attention.

13 hours ago, Transient said:

Blackout/Stealth mode??? You have my attention.

Yup new features although the more I look at these switches and as awesome as they are probably wont work for something as simple as this (applying a ground). Kills all exterior and interior lighting (IPC dims as much as possible) and the strobes are basically exactly what you think complete with headlamp wig wag (if you choose lol) all with factory hardware :)

Yup new features although the more I look at these switches and as awesome as they are probably wont work for something as simple as this (applying a ground). Kills all exterior and interior lighting (IPC dims as much as possible) and the strobes are basically exactly what you think complete with headlamp wig wag (if you choose lol) all with factory hardware [emoji4]
When I connected the lightbar to the switches I had to connect a ground. It was simple, and here's what I used. Easily accessible. All I had to do was move the fuse box on the dash for a moment. a4cfa92767b6f3044c5bb5f6d3a12296.jpg637b5fd3801fc831d644d3b1b8aaf7f6.jpg

8 minutes ago, Transient said:

I would've never considered that for an auxiliary switch. Just curious, why would you connect a radar detector to an auxiliary switch? Not judging.

Didn't realize that was a judgeable offense... ?

I don't like wires hanging all over the place, and didn't want to have to reach up to turn it on and off. I turn it on/off frequently if i'm going thru somewhere that sets it off, get stuck by a car with blind spot mirrors, etc.

Didn't realize that was a judgeable offense... [emoji23]
I don't like wires hanging all over the place, and didn't want to have to reach up to turn it on and off. I turn it on/off frequently if i'm going thru somewhere that sets it off, get stuck by a car with blind spot mirrors, etc.
This isn't One Life Fitness. This isn't a judgement free zone, lol. I was just curious and didn't want you to feel like you were going to have to defend yourself.