Plug-n-play speaker option??

So we all know, the stock speaks suck. I'm pretty sure they took the speakers out of my granpas old AM radio for this truck. ? Anyway, I really don't want to get into rewiring and amps and all that jazz, so is there a plug-n-play speaker upgrade out there by chance (aka remove stock speaker and put in new speaker)?  I've had my new truck all of 5 days and realize this will be one of my first things to fix. Ha  Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I put upper Kenwood speakers in by splicing the old wires with a new and soldering.  The HD WT actually had no speakers in the openings at all just the plug.  However, I'm sure you can probably find a harness somewhere.  The door speakers I swapped out to CT Sounds speakers but since the stock speakers have moldings built into them I had to go to crutchfield and pick up a set of speaker mounting brackets for an additional $20 so they fit correctly in existing openings.

On 6/26/2021 at 1:18 AM, adamc91115 said:

I installed these Kicker's in my 2020 and they sound awesome. Impressive amount of bass for not having an amp.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20647KSC93/Kicker-47KSC69304.html

These look like a good replacement. I'm guessing you still had to cut and splice these in to get them installed? Curious if there's an OEM speaker connector that can be used instead of having to cut into the wiring.

On 6/29/2021 at 1:55 PM, Random said:

These look like a good replacement. I'm guessing you still had to cut and splice these in to get them installed? Curious if there's an OEM speaker connector that can be used instead of having to cut into the wiring.

Ordering from Crutchfield they came with plug and play harnesses that used the factory connector. Along with mounting brackets, although I didn't need those for my install. 

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks for the info. Looks like I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas 😏

I do believe adamc9115's response answers the question about whether there's a viable plug-and-play option for speaker upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 12:18 AM, adamc91115 said:

I installed these Kicker's in my 2020 and they sound awesome. Impressive amount of bass for not having an amp.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20647KSC93/Kicker-47KSC69304.html

Did you have any issues with these being quiet at first? I just installed them and they don't sound much louder than my stock speakers 😒 I spoke with Crutchfield and they told me there may be significant break-in time for new speakers, up to 50 hours. I sure hope that is all the issue is. So far I hear no real improvement in bass at all.

mine do sound better especially on certain stations but not substantial....an amp is needed for real improvement i think, will do one eventually along with tweeters i already have......also any lil detail you can do am sure helps, foam, sound deadening should help......they all add up in the end

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 6:32 PM, ayoukenn said:

Did you have any issues with these being quiet at first? I just installed them and they don't sound much louder than my stock speakers 😒 I spoke with Crutchfield and they told me there may be significant break-in time for new speakers, up to 50 hours. I sure hope that is all the issue is. So far I hear no real improvement in bass at all.

I noticed that a little at low volumes... but past 50% they are a little louder than stock and substantially clearer. Like was mentioned earlier, maybe need an amp?