Video in Motion...?

Since GM didn't offer the RSE (rear seat entertainment) for the 19+ trucks, has anyone found a way to add video to factory screen?  I am been talking with the guys at MVI (gm-navigation.com) about using the front camera option, which would allow me to come out of the module with an HDMI, but am unsure.  It isn't a desired function and I have a few concerns.  I want my passengers to be able to watch video (either adding a blu-ray player or screen mirror from a phone).

Seems pricey.  I was hoping for something that would integrate into the factory stereo, similar to the previous body style.  We also wanted the video to be viewable from the front seats (passenger, etc.).

3 hours ago, EZ Money said:

Seems pricey.  I was hoping for something that would integrate into the factory stereo, similar to the previous body style.  We also wanted the video to be viewable from the front seats (passenger, etc.).

Same setup here for 500 less
https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2020-silverado-1500-rear-seat-infotainment-system-with-dvd-player-black-vinyl/84556195-p-92305781.html

3 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

Don't bother....the resolution is garbage.

Resolution is probably 720.  It better than DVD quality and should show a blu-ray just fine seeing as it’s only 8”.

Yes, I had their system in my ‘15 Sierra and we have one in our ‘19 Tahoe, but nothing for the new Infotainment system.

They were telling me about a front camera option that has an HDMI input but their site has been down for a few days.

15 hours ago, EZ Money said:

I still cannot see that on the front screen.  I’m looking for something that will play video on the front screen.

Not to be a downer, but if you figure this out you better remember to turn it off if you get pulled over. There is a reason that auto manufactures lock this out on the front screen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

Not to be a downer, but if you figure this out you better remember to turn it off if you get pulled over. There is a reason that auto manufactures lock this out on the front screen.

Agreed.... this is as bad if not worse than fumbling around on your phone in many areas.  Generally around 250 bucks 

As a biker, I also cringe at this

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

Do you ever drive over the posted speed limit?  Because you get a ticket for that too.

I've actually had front seat video capability in my vehicles for the past 20+ years...since I had my 2nd car when I was 18.  I'm pretty versed on the laws and what I have to do if I get pulled over.

1 minute ago, EZ Money said:

Do you ever drive over the posted speed limit?  Because you get a ticket for that too.

I've actually had front seat video capability in my vehicles for the past 20+ years...since I had my 2nd car when I was 18.  I'm pretty versed on the laws and what I have to do if I get pulled over.

Sure do, doesn't make it right.

Video playing on a screen, ie distracted driving, is more dangerous than speeding. 

18 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

Agreed.... this is as bad if not worse than fumbling around on your phone in many areas.  Generally around 250 bucks 

As a biker, I also cringe at this

Just the opposite for me.  I've had front seat video capability in every vehicles I've owned for the past 20 years.  I tend to speed and change lanes alot, but throw on a video and it calms me down.  I don't really watch it as much as I do listen.  Not sure why, but its different than plain music.

12 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

Sure do, doesn't make it right.

Video playing on a screen, ie distracted driving, is more dangerous than speeding. 

Just the opposite for me.  I would say I am less distracted with a video playing.  I tend to speed and change lanes alot, but throw on a video and it calms me down.  I don't really watch it as much as I do listen.  Not sure why, but its different than plain music.