Phone notifications

I've noticed that when I'm listening to the radio or satellite radio, I don't hear my phone notifications. The phone is connected using Bluetooth but if I'm not listening to music via Bluetooth, I don't hear my phone notifications for text, email etc. Phone calls worry though.

Are you using and Android phone?  After I connected my phone to my truck for Android Auto, my phone would prompt me that Android Auto support was near by even when I was only using bluetooth for audio and phone.  When it did that, my phone no longer alerted me to anything other than a phone call while in the truck.  My smart watch would alert me but the phone would be silent.  I disabled Android Auto on my phone and the alerts started working again.

35 minutes ago, mbaee said:

Are you using and Android phone?  After I connected my phone to my truck for Android Auto, my phone would prompt me that Android Auto support was near by even when I was only using bluetooth for audio and phone.  When it did that, my phone no longer alerted me to anything other than a phone call while in the truck.  My smart watch would alert me but the phone would be silent.  I disabled Android Auto on my phone and the alerts started working again.

Same here, disabled Android Auto on mine for the same reason. I had to get my truck to FORGET the phone and reset it, otherwise it would keep trying to get my phone via Bluetooth. Very annoying.

It's is a 2020 Sierra SLT so no wireless Android Auto. When I do use it, using a cable, notifications work fine. It's when I listen to the radio or satellite, the phone still connects via Bluetooth but notification sound don't play since I'm listening to something other than Bluetooth audio.

Go into your Bluetooth and hit the Gear icon next to the Silverado connection. Turn off Audio and you'll hear the notifications. The phone is sending the notifications through the Bluetooth connection. You'll need to re-enable Audio the same way if you want to listen to Bluetooth audio.

On 2/14/2021 at 2:32 PM, bamorris2 said:

The 2019+ trucks do not support notifications through Bluetooth. Only through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. GM discontinued notifications through Bluetooth. Some early 2019 models had it though.

Well that blows. Kind of a pain to change media device venery time I get into the car. Oh well