2020 duramax putting me in reduced power mode!

On 2/20/2021 at 5:45 AM, BBE said:

Basketcase,

I showed this post to my dealership, and they wanted to know if it would be possible to get some more information on this?  Perhaps the name of your dealership so that they can contact them?  Or a picture of the two wires jumped?  Or a description of the process?  We're dying for anything about this possible fix!  You can PM me the info if you want to leave it off the public forum.

Thanks!

What ever happened with this? 

My truck has been working great since Ive had it back. 

• 1 year later...

In the same boat, mine has been sitting at dealership since 2/21 waiting on def tank.  I am pissed off and feel bad for the folks that use these to make a living.  Between alignment and intermediate steering shaft issue and now DEF, I am done with GM trucks and I work for GM.  They choose to build at Flint instead of taking care of the existing costumers.

On 3/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, CRApex said:

Going on week 3 with no available part or update from GM.

CRApex,   and that is exactly. why I went from owning diesel pickups for 21 years back to gas.  Doesnt mean gas cant be prone to breakdown also  but the diesel emissions are problematic.  we had a discussion several weeks ago.  I was 2,000 miles from home hauling a RV trailer in the UP of MIchigan when I went into the infamous limp mode.  It was the DEF heater.  First dealer I stopped at wouldnt even look at it.  Service was backed up 2 weeks.   Next dealer was a lifesaver. He got the DEF tank assembly overnighted from Detroit.   I was done in 3 days.   No matter how well diesels tow and they do tow great...... cant have this if you travel.   I was very fortunate, this happened two years ago.  If this was today I would be screwed.  I do feel for you and the other guys that are waiting for parts.  Shame on GM.  That should not happen, especially since they are still pumping out diesels.   Wish you luck.

On 3/10/2022 at 1:09 PM, artie2908 said:

CRApex,   and that is exactly. why I went from owning diesel pickups for 21 years back to gas.  Doesnt mean gas cant be prone to breakdown also  but the diesel emissions are problematic.  we had a discussion several weeks ago.  I was 2,000 miles from home hauling a RV trailer in the UP of MIchigan when I went into the infamous limp mode.  It was the DEF heater.  First dealer I stopped at wouldnt even look at it.  Service was backed up 2 weeks.   Next dealer was a lifesaver. He got the DEF tank assembly overnighted from Detroit.   I was done in 3 days.   No matter how well diesels tow and they do tow great...... cant have this if you travel.   I was very fortunate, this happened two years ago.  If this was today I would be screwed.  I do feel for you and the other guys that are waiting for parts.  Shame on GM.  That should not happen, especially since they are still pumping out diesels.   Wish you luck.

Definately been tough getting parts for virtually anything this past year and its not just GM.  Almost every sector and manufacturer is dealing with this.