Flowmaster

Anyone running flowmaster? I'm finding mixed results on whether or not these mufflers kill power.

I have a kook's/corsa setup and its great but I'm looking to take it down a notch. It doesnt seem that flowmaster is very popular but their single exit sounds like it might work for me. 

https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/exhaust_systems/flowmaster/force_ii/parts/817603

It's a 3.5in exhaust system, you won't lose power with what a 6.2 engine makes. It's not being choked at all.

Not sure I'd buy a whole new exhaust system when you could just swap mufflers.

Motortrend did a muffler shootout a while back with many different cheap mufflers that are just like the flowmaster chambered style. The engine was making over 500hp on an engine dyno and between the 4 mufflers it was 6-8hp.

5 hours ago, CamGTP said:

It's a 3.5in exhaust system, you won't lose power with what a 6.2 engine makes. It's not being choked at all.

Not sure I'd buy a whole new exhaust system when you could just swap mufflers.

Motortrend did a muffler shootout a while back with many different cheap mufflers that are just like the flowmaster chambered style. The engine was making over 500hp on an engine dyno and between the 4 mufflers it was 6-8hp.

Thanks Cam, Yeah I was originally going to just swap the muffler out but you can't actually buy that muffler separately. In fact, I think the only 3.5" c/c muffler's they make are short and loud.

I was going to go with a xr1 but when I emailed borla for a recommendation they wouldn't give me one. So as far as I'm concerned, if they're an exhaust company that can't recommend a muffler they won't get my money. I have no interest in playing musical mufflers... Not a fan of magnaflow... 

I would keep the Corsa, but when you see people wince and/or go ballistic inside their car when you pass them... its too loud.