New tires on stock r17 wheels(2007 1500 Silverado LT Z71)

Im new to this website so I apologize if there are already hundreds of people asking these types of questions, but the forums i have been reading never cover the stuff I need to know so I figured I'd make a new topic. That being said, I have a 2007 1500 Silverado and im looking to upgrade my tires, and maybe my wheels if I can find a good deal. Right now I have some 265/70/r17 on stock wheels. I have my eyes on those Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I want to get some nice big ones that'll be taller, maybe a bit wider, and still fit without rubbing or making me cut out my fender wall. I also dont want to put a whole bunch of money into any sort of suspension lift, if anything just get a level(I'm still in high school and dont have much money lol) any advice from anyone will help a ton.

Thanks in advance!

As you may already know, the shape of the wheel well on Chevy trucks of this vintage is not conducive to running much larger tires without rubbing, trimming, or both. Another often overlooked measurement that is very important is the rim offset. When someone tells you they run a certain size tire without rubbing, ask what their offset is.

Is your 2007 a GMT800 or a GMT900?

Are you keeping the stock 17in rim?

If you are you can go up a size and it should be okay. The 265/70 is a 31.5in tire and if you go to a 285/70 that is a 32.7in tall tire.

Edited by CamGTP

20 hours ago, Ian Mills said:

As you may already know, the shape of the wheel well on Chevy trucks of this vintage is not conducive to running much larger tires without rubbing, trimming, or both. Another often overlooked measurement that is very important is the rim offset. When someone tells you they run a certain size tire without rubbing, ask what their offset is.

Is your 2007 a GMT800 or a GMT900?

The GMT900, which stands for the newer non-classic body style right?

20 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Are you keeping the stock 17in rim?

If you are you can go up a size and it should be okay. The 265/70 is a 31.5in tire and if you go to a 285/70 that is a 32.7in tall tire.

Yes, Im planning on keeping the stock wheels. And since 33" is what im going for, i might go for the 285's. All you have to do is round up and there's 33 right? XD