LM2 fuel tank question.

Has anyone that owns a 2020/2021 3.0 Duramax LM2 pickup installed a in-bed auxiliary fuel tank to extend towing range?

I'm interested in the T____n fuel tanks but they don't offer a kit for the LM2 as yet.

Thanks Ralph   

As far as I know nobody offers an auxiliary set-up yet..

I did speak with one of them last fall about an in-frame tank and they indicated they were expecting to have something first of the year -- and of course nothing yet....😡

For now it looks like a transfer tank (as opposed to auxiliary in-bed or an in-frame) is the only option if extra fuel is desired. 

With tank ranges of +/-600 miles I've got to admit I'm less interested/concerned than  was.

Previous truck was 6.6 dmax (2011-2019 were 36 gallon) and gave the same range when travelling (and not towing)

9 hours ago, Descartian said:

Transferflow has some of the better in bed options out there. I went a cheaper route and wished I would have gone TF. 

https://www.transferflow.com/

9 hours ago, redwngr said:

Thanks guys for your help...I have contacted both Titan and TransferFlow  through their website's contact links.

Both haven't responded yet, I don't want to spend time and money to find out I may have installation or operational issues ie: the emission system CEL that my truck seems to have enough of on it's own.

So I'm still looking for someone who has installed a auxiary diesel LM2 tank and what they have had for results in our T1 1500 series trucks. 

Thanks again, Ralph

Edited by Rubyralph
spelling

2 hours ago, Rubyralph said:

Thanks guys for your help...I have contacted both Titan and TransferFlow  through their website's contact links.

Both haven't responded yet, I don't want to spend time and money to find out I may have installation or operational issues ie: the emission system CEL that my truck seems to have enough of on it's own.

So I'm still looking for someone who has installed a auxiary diesel LM2 tank and what they have had for results in our T1 1500 series trucks. 

Thanks again, Ralph

What's your emission CEL issue story?  

1 hour ago, redwngr said:

What's your emission CEL issue story?  

I have had DEF related CEL(s) since new, I now have ~4K miles and have had at least 4 CEL at the dealership, they just replaced the following parts:
84914535 tank, 84620945 harness, 84714454 controller, and 3 1/2 gallons of DEF fluid. My issues began when new from the factory when the same dealer said that the DEF pump connector pins were wired wrong!
I hope this resolves my DEF problems as I plan on some long road trips this summer and I really want to enjoy the truck but I'm losing all hope of it being repaired correctly, which is a shame because I love the drivetrain of this truck.

• Like 1