Options for racks above tonneau covers?

For guys that are putting cross rails over their beds with a tonneau cover, what are you using? I know a couple of the tonneau covers have rails built in stuff can be mounted onto.

GM also has a "Tiered Storage Cross Rail Bracket" but there doesn't seem to be instructions to show how it's mounted, and I don't see any pics of anyone that's tried it.

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/tiered-storage-cross-rail-brackets-84753982?year=2020&make=GMC&model=Sierra 1500&modelId=548&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=AT4&trimId=5102&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=6.2L V8 GAS&engineId=5920&bodyNumDoors=5

Seems like all the other options block using a tonneau cover by clamping to the inside rails etc. GMC accessory is:

• 4 weeks later...

I found a guy in NY that was building some super simple brackets that go under the rails on my Retrax cover and then use the Thule drip rail mount type risers.  and then I use a Large size Sears car top carrier, it looks a little strange but does the job very well for extra dry lockable space.  :jester:

808929ffa8b49833fd805738cb7ff082.jpg
This what my set up looks like, I can’t find the up close picture of the bracket but I’ll get one in the sun and post it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk