Feedback on S&B Intake for diesel

Since Banks had not yet released their intake for the 2020+ diesel I went with the S&B system. I am curious to hear from others who have it what their experience has been as far as mileage and performance. Me personally I have not been too happy with myself for spending the money. I did not expect to feel any real power difference but was thinking I would be able to hear it pulling air and maybe improve my mileage. Reality is the truck sounds the same and my mileage might even be dropping.

The overall fit and style of the system I have no complaints about, but I am just not seeing any real advantage over stock. Anyone else feeling the same or are you happy with your modification? 

On 3/29/2021 at 8:35 AM, kylant said:

keep it. unfortunately, you wasted your money. 

intakes have proven over and over again to be no better than stock on a diesel, may actually filter less, and is a huge red flag for warranty denial.

I’d have to agree. With the current air box setup it moves air quite well. In the classic body style up to the LML there were gains to be had due to limitations in the design of the factory filter housing and piping but with a stock turbo there is no longer a need to change it in the newer models. 

• 2 weeks later...

I talked at some length about this with my dealer.  They have said that they have not seen intake mods have really not been adding any mileage or performance on the 2020 Duramax   also its possible they don't keep salt and debris out as well as the OEM intake.  If they see any corrosion in the engine they will deny warranty  if anyone has tried one that does improve the mileage I would be interested though