Whats needed to get upfitter switches installed? What parts?

Hello All,

I am looking to get upfitter switches installed in order to hopefully get pillar lights in the near future once I have some extra $$$, and maybe an LED bar as well and the speedturtle EFM 3.0.

Obviously, all these would need to be hooked up upfitter switches, but i dont have those. So, my question is, what is required to get the upfitter switches? What are the parts that I will need (and their part numbers please)?, how hard/easy is it to take the side dash apart where the switches will be installed? 

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

I did the switches roughly a month ago. Not to hard to do but took a few hours to install. you have to remove a decent amount of the dash to install properly. 

There is another topic on the forum that list all the part number i will edit with the URL. 

This is a really good spot on how to install them.

Transient  said this on page 7

"Looks like it's 11589015. That was the only thing my dealer had in stock. They said it was a common part that is used on all of GM's vehicles in various locations. They are the same as the screws holding your knee bolster to the dash, etc. You could really do the project without them. Just take screws from another place, such as the bottom of the knee bolster so you can mount the fuse box. When the new fasteners come in just install them where you took the other 2 fasteners from. 1527e85f0992000146f137424e1bbc12.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk"

Edited by BlancoSilverado
** added more info**

11 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Yes,  as per BlancoSilverado, a decent amount of the dash has to come out.  

5d28cf88a04fd_2019-07-1213_46_31.jpg.78b5113ad15bccf4bf83ab5ca6cbffa9.jpg

Lol, that's funny. FYI for someone that doesn't actually know,  not this much.  If i remember correctly, someone needed a heater core replaced. 

8 minutes ago, BlancoSilverado said:

Lol, that's funny. FYI for someone that doesn't actually know,  not this much.  If i remember correctly, someone needed a heater core replaced. 

Lol that's my April fools joke.  Yes, a member needed a heater core changed in his 2019.  Not pretty...  Offroadman, the upfitter kit comes with everything needed.  Here's where the cable runs through the firewall.

upfitter 1.jpg

Thanks for everyones help. Placed an order for a kit but was cancelled so i guess i am SOL at this point lol

does anyone know if the AT4 has a BLACK or BROWNish dash and bolster? I only ask because it looks black but at some angles it looks a little brownish too, so to make sure my eyes are not playing tricks on me, just want to try to source the correct color.

please let me know

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for everyones help. Placed an order for a kit but was cancelled so i guess i am SOL at this point lol

does anyone know if the AT4 has a BLACK or BROWNish dash and bolster? I only ask because it looks black but at some angles it looks a little brownish too, so to make sure my eyes are not playing tricks on me, just want to try to source the correct color.

please let me know
What color are your seats?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I do want to asked which switches are 20 and 30 amp? Also which wire colors go to with switch?
I think you meant 25 and and 20 amp. Iirc, switches 1, 4, and 5 are 25 amp. Switches 2 and 3 are 20 amp. I forget the wire colors at the moment. If you're really pressed for an answer I can find some time to look at the wiring diagrams and tell you which wires are which switches.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk