The Suburban/ Yukon XL are terribly designed vehicles that are appealing

As a lifelong GM fan, I have been back and forth about purchasing either a GMT 800/900, also considering a 2015+. I have recently re-kindled this search only to find myself utterly perplexed in how the interior design could remotely have received any type of approval. This applies to the LWB, not the Tahoe in which all solid-axle Tahoe/Yukon models have an utterly useless 3rd row unless you like your knees in your chest.

With that being said, these are for the most part spacious, people and cargo movers, focusing more on the people side. These vehicles are over 2 feet longer than a Toyota Highlander and have less knee and leg room. I was shocked to find out the 2nd row seats cannot move fore and aft, the 3rd row passengers need to get their foot placed between the seat mounts of the 2nd row seats with very limited moveability.

In addition, the 3rd row seats backs are fixed in the Suburban / Yukon XL offering no additional reclining feature,

I get the fact the rear cargo room is vastly superior to many vehicles, but perhaps leave that to the owners to recognize if they are transporting a higher bias of people or cargo on any given outing. This way the owners can allow more leg room to the passengers.

Sure, the 3rd row isn't geared to people that are 6.5+, but the foot room is horribly inadequate for a vehicle of this size, pic included.

Suburban 3rd row leg room and is fixed.

1153823613_Suburban3rdrow1.thumb.jpg.475890b03bc11afd013980e4c8db4f01.jpg

To compare this to the Highlander, there's no obstructions for the passenger's feet, and there is another 3" of leg room avail if needed. For the record, I will own a Suburban over a Highlander but this is to document how poorly these LWB GM vehicles are configured.

2015 Highlander 3rd row legroom with 2nd row seats in the middle position. The seat only looks close to the floor but had adequate clearance, more than a Tahoe so your knees aren't folded into your chest.

1437525304_Highlander3rdrow1.thumb.jpg.e35082e8081d8a57eca125afc102ee13.jpg

I don't understand why GM didn't incorporate the 2nd row seats to move fore and aft. There's no denying the fact this platform has served many people and have few complaints, there really isn't much competition to the Suburban/ Yukon XL. Yes, I'm late to the party and it just never occurred to me that the interiors were so poorly thought out given the interior volume, So this is just a rant and maybe they can figure this out in the future.

Feel free to add any input and criticism.

Edited by Dkd71
Content