Tire size by brand

I’m wanting to stay with stock 275/60/20 tires on my 19 Silverado. Are any brands notorious for running large or small?  I’ve heard numerous times that BFG runs small. I want to stay away from LT tires so if anyone knows of an all terrain tire P/SL/XL model that runs a little larger than others I’d appreciate the info. Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, TJ1004 said:

I’m wanting to stay with stock 275/60/20 tires on my 19 Silverado. Are any brands notorious for running large or small?  I’ve heard numerous times that BFG runs small. I want to stay away from LT tires so if anyone knows of an all terrain tire P/SL/XL model that runs a little larger than others I’d appreciate the info. Thanks. 

Falken Wildpeak AT3W 

https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeaka/t3w-tire

I was in the same boat as you and the choices are very few options if you do not want a SL or LT E rated tire.  If you want to something bigger than SL, but do not want an LT tire....than you want an XL tire.  I have run XL rated on my last 4 trucks and find them the best compromise between SL and LT tires.  Almost the same weight as an SL tire but extra strength in the sidewall for towing and stability.  I was in the same situation as you and just got Nitto Ridge Grappler 276/60/20 XL tires (they also make them in LT in that size) and I love them so far.  They look a bigger than the Trail Runner ATs and definitely more aggresse.  Look like what the AT4 should of came with.  If you want something less aggressive they also make their other AT tire, the Terra Grappler G2 in the XL rating.  There are very few XL tires in that size, others being Cooper LTZ and I believe a highway tread tire in the General Grabber H series (I think).  The only other option is Hankook AT, BFG KO2 and General Grabber ATx are all made in D instead of having to go to an E rated tire.  I will try and get a pic for you and post it here.