2021 Chevrolet Suburban trouble

Hi, I thought I'd post to see if any others have had success with GM's buyback program fora new car.  We purchased a 2021 Suburban RST in late November 2020.  In late December it developed engine trouble. It sat for 20 days in service while GM sent out a brand new transmission as a replacement.  Withe the sever trouble on a brand new car I was hoping GM would offer an improved warranty or anything for the trouble and time spent (not to mention our holiday road trip being cancelled).  After 3 months they got back to us and offered a 3 month XM radio subscription.  2 weeks ago the car started shaking really bad when stopped and then a loud clanging when driving.  4 engine warning lights came on.  At service, they found engine lifters had broke and the engine dropped creating a series of problems.  The service tech called it a total engine failure and mouthed the word lemon when we picked it up.  We bought the car for our family, but now we do not feel safe driving it.

We have a case # with GM but our California advisor will not return calls nor call when we had scheduled follow up.  GM's priority service department is of no help.  Our lemon law lawyer friends say submit a claim to the BBB, which we started due to lack of response.  Anybody have a similar experience or thoughts on how to navigate this.  We do love the model and believe this is just a lemon.  This is our first GM product.

Thank you

On 4/14/2021 at 9:00 PM, Plbaldwi said:

Hi, I thought I'd post to see if any others have had success with GM's buyback program fora new car.  We purchased a 2021 Suburban RST in late November 2020.  In late December it developed engine trouble. It sat for 20 days in service while GM sent out a brand new transmission as a replacement.  Withe the sever trouble on a brand new car I was hoping GM would offer an improved warranty or anything for the trouble and time spent (not to mention our holiday road trip being cancelled).  After 3 months they got back to us and offered a 3 month XM radio subscription.  2 weeks ago the car started shaking really bad when stopped and then a loud clanging when driving.  4 engine warning lights came on.  At service, they found engine lifters had broke and the engine dropped creating a series of problems.  The service tech called it a total engine failure and mouthed the word lemon when we picked it up.  We bought the car for our family, but now we do not feel safe driving it.

We have a case # with GM but our California advisor will not return calls nor call when we had scheduled follow up.  GM's priority service department is of no help.  Our lemon law lawyer friends say submit a claim to the BBB, which we started due to lack of response.  Anybody have a similar experience or thoughts on how to navigate this.  We do love the model and believe this is just a lemon.  This is our first GM product.

Thank you

Why Lemon Law it?  You really up for the aggravation?  Just let GM put in a new engine and drive on.  You bought a first year model with all of its bugs not worked out yet.

• 3 weeks later...

You won't be able to lemon law it until you deal with the same issue 4 times. That's right...4! After the third time they get a chance to fix it, if it's not fixed you can lemon law it. And by the way, if you put a bunch of money down and have great credit, you will most likely get screwed in the process. Been there done that. 

• 3 months later...