ArcticFox's 98 K2500 Cheyenne Build

ArcticFoxCJ

This one's a very gradual process, and has already been underway for a couple of years.  My ultimate goal is to keep it mostly stock, with upgraded technology to update the vehicle into the 21st Century.

It started out as a work truck owned by a friend of mine, with  lots of modifications for debris hauling and removal.  I was looking for a truck right about the time this one was getting to the end of its useful life in my buddy's business, so he offered it to me and I accepted.  Initially I was going to just drive it until it quit, but I got inspired to give it a second life and have been working on it and teaching my son at the same time.  Initially, it had a dump bed, a wrecker bumper, and lots of wear and tear.

left.png

Edited by ArcticFoxCJ

Did a few items of mechanical work, and we removed the dump and added a new tailgate and bedliner... (And my daughter likes to be in the bed of the truck but she refuses to go for a ride in the cab... go figure.)

20200502_153833small.jpg

Edited by ArcticFoxCJ
  • Haha 1

I'm skipping a lot of repairs in this thread, like new tie rods, new rear transmission seal, new power steering cooler, etc.  Also skipping some interior work like a new rearview mirror, sun visors, etc.  That's mainly because it's repair, not modification.  I probably will ad more of those details in the future.

She also got a new set of halogen headlights with hardware, as it had become impossible to aim the lights because of missing bits and bobs on the adjustment screws.

As of yesterday, I have a new bumper in place.  That was a pain...

20210417_191442small.jpg

Edited by ArcticFoxCJ
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Haven't posted any updates in a while because I've been focusing on an engine rebuild for my other project, a 1977 280Z.  This truck is still kicking though, and has been solid.  Looking to add some more new parts and upgrades this year.

One big thing I did was to remove that tailgate.  LMC Truck is great but that tailgate was just as flimsy as a Pepsi can.  Got a used original tailgate instead that just needs to be cleaned up.

Edited by ArcticFoxCJ
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Speaking of the tailgate, I got rid of the flimsy LMC one after I transferred the internal parts over to the replacement and got that all squared away.  

Next, replacing the external door handles.

Oh, and my daughter now loves riding in the truck.

Edited by ArcticFoxCJ
  • Like 1