Strange exhaust sound

Want to bought the truck in had a flowmaster 40 series muffler and dual tips that run out under the rear bumper.   It didn't sound very loud at all so I went with a super 10, And honestly I can't hear any difference between the 40 and 10. Is there an exhaust flap somewhere else besides right where the muffler used to be like further up on the exhaust?  I even took out the resonator  between the muffler and the factory cats.  I  miss the  real V8 sound,  and really want to know how to get it on this truck.    I have even contemplated putting glass packs right at the bumper or borla attack mufflers in the same place. Anybody have any suggestions greatly appreciated thanks.

Time for hearders and no cats.  That will really wake it up.  My Magnaflow 12909 was no louder than the stock muffler.  Maybe alittle deeper.

Now with headers and no cats it's much louder.  But I'm still going to switch that muffler out for the Borla XR1 I have sitting in my closet to here the cam better at idle.

Edited by JONBLARC7

The three factory cats, plus the factory iron manifold I think are VERY effective and reducing the V8 sound. Muffler/flapper/resonator delete is loud for sure, but I agree with JoBlarc7 that headers with race cats, or no cats, really changes the V8 tone. I run with long tube headers and two racing cats, plus a Magnaflow and factory resonator, but removed the flapper. The magnaflow really changed tune when I swapped to headers. It is really "raspy/growly" at cold start, settles into a low growl idle (louder than stock, but not attention grabbing), but gets loud on hard throttle. Still not a deep and rumbly as my son's 1970 Camaro, but a good improvement. Tempted to try a Borla/Flowmaster muffler as well to see if I can get a deeper growl, but still contain the volume at idle and light throttle. My only issue with headers is I feel like they make it sound "tinnier". Maybe that the stainless vs the older steel tubes? Or maybe that's just the newer engines?