2019 acadia maybe a lemon?

I want to know if anyone has gone through the same issues and what was offered to you from GM and dealership. I bought the car new with 13 miles. 

I've taken this car in multiple times for service repairs.

First time the car would not register my keyfob when I took it to the dealership they gave me the car back and told me they could not duplicate the problem.

The second time was the same day I picked the car up from the dealership but this time the car went completely crazy. Engine was shut off but power was still on. The car threw itself into theft mode, windshield wipers went off, headlights, alarm system, radio, door lock system all went on and off. I had AAA tow the car to the dealership and let them know I was on the way. The dealerships service claimed it was the module that controls the entire car malfunctioned and had replaced it. Few months later my car again would not read the key fob, so again I took it back to the dealership and had them diagnose it. The dealership service team this time told me the problem was my dash cam. Which I thought was interesting because I had the dash cam installed in February and the car started showing signs of problems late May/ early June 2020. I agreed to their request of removing the wires connected from the dash cam to the car and they wanted to keep the car there for a few more days. I also contacted GM motors manufacturer about my problem and was working with manufacturer and the dealership to resolve my issues.

October of 2020 the car again malfunctions with breaks and steering wheel locked, wipers went off, lights went off, engine would not start but power again was on, then shuts off while driving on a busy road coming from the vet with my puppies. I called the dealership before they closed and requested a tow, to which they replied with its out of range area and could not send one, so again I had my AAA tow the car to them. The car was at the dealership for a few weeks and they told me again it was the module and sent me a picture of apparently condensation from the A/C unit dripped onto the moduel and the only thing keeping the condensation from dripping onto the module was a tray. This time I have even requested a buyback with both dealership and manufacturer to which they refused. I took the car home frustrated in tears only for the next day the car again would not register the keyfob. After that the car was functional.
May of 2021 I've experienced it again, while my daughter was in the car with me. The car claimed the hood was open, it was not, and the engine shut off but power was still on. I restarted the car and again few seconds of driving it engine shuts off, car is still driving and power was still on. I have dropped the vehicle off at the dealership and contacted the manufacturer. On the way to drop the car off the car gas meter went everywhere claiming that it had 140 miles of gas left then down to 110 on the freeway, by the time we reached the dealership it read 96, 98, 99, 68, and 100 miles of gas left in the car, along with the tire pressure light going on and off, another light went off, car was locking and unlocking itself, and then just engine shuts off just as we go to the service department but power was still on.

Invoice-1.pdf Invoice-2.pdf Invoice-3.pdf

Edited by Yoonah Hsiao

2 hours ago, Yoonah Hsiao said:

I want to know if anyone has gone through the same issues and what was offered to you from GM and dealership. I bought the car new with 13 miles. 

I've taken this car in multiple times for service repairs.

First time the car would not register my keyfob when I took it to the dealership they gave me the car back and told me they could not duplicate the problem.

The second time was the same day I picked the car up from the dealership but this time the car went completely crazy. Engine was shut off but power was still on. The car threw itself into theft mode, windshield wipers went off, headlights, alarm system, radio, door lock system all went on and off. I had AAA tow the car to the dealership and let them know I was on the way. The dealerships service claimed it was the module that controls the entire car malfunctioned and had replaced it. Few months later my car again would not read the key fob, so again I took it back to the dealership and had them diagnose it. The dealership service team this time told me the problem was my dash cam. Which I thought was interesting because I had the dash cam installed in February and the car started showing signs of problems late May/ early June 2020. I agreed to their request of removing the wires connected from the dash cam to the car and they wanted to keep the car there for a few more days. I also contacted GM motors manufacturer about my problem and was working with manufacturer and the dealership to resolve my issues.

October of 2020 the car again malfunctions with breaks and steering wheel locked, wipers went off, lights went off, engine would not start but power again was on, then shuts off while driving on a busy road coming from the vet with my puppies. I called the dealership before they closed and requested a tow, to which they replied with its out of range area and could not send one, so again I had my AAA tow the car to them. The car was at the dealership for a few weeks and they told me again it was the module and sent me a picture of apparently condensation from the A/C unit dripped onto the moduel and the only thing keeping the condensation from dripping onto the module was a tray. This time I have even requested a buyback with both dealership and manufacturer to which they refused. I took the car home frustrated in tears only for the next day the car again would not register the keyfob. After that the car was functional.
May of 2021 I've experienced it again, while my daughter was in the car with me. The car claimed the hood was open, it was not, and the engine shut off but power was still on. I restarted the car and again few seconds of driving it engine shuts off, car is still driving and power was still on. I have dropped the vehicle off at the dealership and contacted the manufacturer. On the way to drop the car off the car gas meter went everywhere claiming that it had 140 miles of gas left then down to 110 on the freeway, by the time we reached the dealership it read 96, 98, 99, 68, and 100 miles of gas left in the car, along with the tire pressure light going on and off, another light went off, car was locking and unlocking itself, and then just engine shuts off just as we go to the service department but power was still on.

Invoice-1.pdf 64.68 kB · 0 downloads Invoice-2.pdf 68.8 kB · 0 downloads Invoice-3.pdf 64.6 kB · 2 downloads

My son had similar problems with a 2015 Tahoe. He took a beating trading for a 16 Denali. They couldn’t fix it.

Currently, I think they are trying to offer me a buyback as a solution. I asked them for this once and they denied me. I did bit of research and found out that they offer the buyback so they dont have to list the car as a lemon and to make more profit off on you. 

Edited by Yoonah Hsiao

2 hours ago, Yotaman said:

Lawyer Up !! and never buy GM again.

I am currently looking for a lawyer and filing the lemon law on the car. This is my first american made car. LOL never again will I be making this mistake again.

12 minutes ago, Yoonah Hsiao said:

I am currently looking for a lawyer and filing the lemon law on the car. This is my first american made car. LOL never again will I be making this mistake again.

I will only buy old American made trucks. Iv had very good service out of 4 Hyundai’s. The first one an 05 Elantra GT is currently being driven by my grandson, after his mother. My wife bought new. My wife’s Genesis is a 2011 still looks and drives as new. Iv had a Genesis Coup and a Santa Fe. When the Genesis finally wears out, we’ll buy a new one. If I buy another truck it will be pre Frankenstein engines. They were bulletproof. 

Thanks for being a contributing member of this forum. Seems you already knew what to do ahead of time prior to writing that novel that I honestly gave up reading after a few sentences. So what were you trying to accomplish with this post? Google can tell you how to go about it and fixing it isn't what you are looking for advice on. I would suggest to take Yota's and your advice and buy an american made foreign Toyota, they are so much better in terms of reliability, never having an issues and constantly being up to date:rollin: Being new to the forums you might not have picked up on that was sarcasm. Either way, best of luck to you, grass isn't always greener and its unfortunate one bad experience ruins it, but hey some people are hard to please. Try utilizing the forums next time no matter who your manufacturer of choice is, they are helpful, not just a place to write a complaint novel about leaving. The foreigners are filled with complaints on their forums btw, they sure have fallen from grace over the past few decades...

Tyler 

Edited by Amcguy1970

I have only driven GM vehicles all my life.  I am 69.  And every manufacturer has issues.  But for me the way GM has fallen down is with their dealer service & after care.  Some dealers are just not prepared to service modern GM vehicles.  I recently tried to call the help line 1 (888) 988-7267 only to get people who wanted to text & email over a brake issue.  They would set up an appt for a call & not keep it.  Terrible.  I finally gave up & I don't give up easily.  I hope you get satisfaction.

-Bob