Program Two Garage Openers

I have a Liftmaster 8500 on my shop door and a Genie 1055 on my garage door.  I had to get a Car2U Repeater to get the Liftmaster to program to my 2013 Silverado.  When I tried to program the Genie to another button it failed.  I cleared the openers from the truck buttons and was able to program the Genie, but when I tried to program the Liftmaster it failed.  I cleared the openers again, programmed the Liftmaster and tried to program the Genie with the same failed results.  I've tried unplugging the Liftmaster and Car2U thinking the two openers were in too close proximity and there was some interference happening.  That didn't work either.  Anyone else run into this situation?  Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Not exact. I had issues with the Car2U and replaced the garage/Lear opener in the overhead console with the Homelink module from a 2014 Impala. Works with all garage openers. I’ll pull it down this weekend to show difference in design/plug.