2021 6.2 Trail Boss

Squeaking or squealing noise coming from engine as I come to a stop. I’m assuming it’s the DFM?? I’m about to but the Pulsar LT to disable it. Any input would be helpful, the noise is driving me crazy. 

No it would not be the DFM as DFM is not active when coming to a stop and I believe its only active over 40mph. 

It could be the auto start/stop as it will sync engage the starter gear with the 1st solenoid to the fly wheel when under 600rpm then when the engine stops the 2nd solenoid activates to start engine as the gear is already sync to the fly wheel speed. Try turning it off with the switch on the center cluster and see if it still does it as iam not sure if it still syncs the gear with the fly wheel when disabled

Edited by Silverado4x4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

No it would not be the DFM as DFM is not active when coming to a stop and I believe its only active over 40mph. 

It could be the auto start/stop as it will sync engage the starter gear with the 1st solenoid to the fly wheel when under 600rpm then when the engine stops the 2nd solenoid activates to start engine as the gear is already sync to the fly wheel speed. Try turning it off with the switch on the center cluster and see if it still does it as iam not sure if it still syncs the gear with the fly wheel when disabled

This makes more sense