Official accessories site 20%, is that pretty good?

Through the end of this month, the official GMC and Chevrolet accessories pages show a discount of up to 20% off.  Is that a fairly common deal, or is it a rare thing?

Background: I bought a Sierra AT4 1500 just a month ago after having sold my last truck 9 years ago. I'm considering the Borla exhaust kit because 20% off of $1700 seems like a killer deal.  I just wasn't ready to spend that much quite yet, unless it's too good a deal to turn away or won't come back around fairly soon.  Also, I like the idea of buying from GM and having it dealer installed so there's no room for them to question warranty status later on.

TIA

I got my truck 6 weeks ago and went looking for accessories. I found the same 20% off sale and noticed it was originally set to expire on June 1st then they extended it another month.

I’d guess similar promos will be fairly common as incentive to order parts directly from a dealer versus one of the many third party vendor you can order discount GM parts from. 

5 hours ago, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

If you bought a new vehicle the dealer should give you 20,000 gmc points you can also use toward the exhaust with a gmc accessories account. With the 20 percent discount and my accessories rewards points I got my 2021 AT4 performance exhaust for $1400. Got 1200 miles on it snd it sounds even better now its broken in.

How did you go about redeeming the points?  When I try through the website, it says "You do not have sufficient points to apply to this purchase" and does not allow me to even get a discount corresponding to the points I have accrued.

5 hours ago, Pineapple30 said:

How did you go about redeeming the points?  When I try through the website, it says "You do not have sufficient points to apply to this purchase" and does not allow me to even get a discount corresponding to the points I have accrued.

Hi....did you sign up for a "my gmc accessories" account? How many points total do you have? I had that happen to ehen i went to order other accessories also and called the number from my gmc accessories site and they fixed it.