GM supplier discount

57 minutes ago, RCF71 said:

They tried the $1900 addon crap with me too.  I ended up giving them $250 which was more than I wanted to for wheel locks, a bit of clear film on door edges and behind door handles, paint and fabric protectant (sure....) and some kinda gps vehicle tracker/theft protection crap (working with that company now to get it removed).  So my total deal was Supplier Price less $3500 rebates ($3000 customer cash and $500 for GM Financial financing) + $250.  I gave in on the $250 because I wanted the truck, and wasn’t sure when I’d be able to find another I wanted at a similar deal.

I would've paid $250 no problem.  They didn't want to budge at all so I left.  One place I went wanted $3k add-ons and even less value, except 2 extra oil changes, so I offered $500 since the oil changes were worth a little.  They said no also.  They had that truck for a month and i guess don't want to sell it.  IDK.  Glad they didn't now since I've changed my mind and am getting the 2500HD instead.  But still, it's crazy to me they don't want a bird in the hand, they'd rather try for 2 in the bush.  I thought about messaging the owner to let him know they are actively turning away sales for $84k trucks.  guaranteed $10k profit or so.  Or a complaint to General Motors about all the nonsense trying to buy a truck.  Not sure it would matter.  It's definitely a reason companies are looking to go factory direct like Tesla.  The customer buying experience is just abysmal.  I appreciate your help though.  I'll keep looking, guess I'll go outside of Houston area and see what I can find.  

8 hours ago, Pkb2021 said:

I would've paid $250 no problem.  They didn't want to budge at all so I left.  One place I went wanted $3k add-ons and even less value, except 2 extra oil changes, so I offered $500 since the oil changes were worth a little.  They said no also.  They had that truck for a month and i guess don't want to sell it.  IDK.  Glad they didn't now since I've changed my mind and am getting the 2500HD instead.  But still, it's crazy to me they don't want a bird in the hand, they'd rather try for 2 in the bush.  I thought about messaging the owner to let him know they are actively turning away sales for $84k trucks.  guaranteed $10k profit or so.  Or a complaint to General Motors about all the nonsense trying to buy a truck.  Not sure it would matter.  It's definitely a reason companies are looking to go factory direct like Tesla.  The customer buying experience is just abysmal.  I appreciate your help though.  I'll keep looking, guess I'll go outside of Houston area and see what I can find.  

IMO for what its worth the hard stand dealers we see today will be withered down or completely gone in the next 10-15 years.  I dont need a typical dealer to buy the car, and GM or whomever can qualify as many shops out there to work on their stuff much like AAA does for towing.  Dealers are the biggest wholesaler scam going.  Factories can probably get easier sales,  cut out the 2-5k a dealer takes off the top and pass that savings on,  and then the consumer can pay anybody to work on their stuff not a dealer that charged over 100 bucks an hour for labor.

On 8/13/2021 at 7:29 AM, nards444 said:

IMO for what its worth the hard stand dealers we see today will be withered down or completely gone in the next 10-15 years.  I dont need a typical dealer to buy the car, and GM or whomever can qualify as many shops out there to work on their stuff much like AAA does for towing.  Dealers are the biggest wholesaler scam going.  Factories can probably get easier sales,  cut out the 2-5k a dealer takes off the top and pass that savings on,  and then the consumer can pay anybody to work on their stuff not a dealer that charged over 100 bucks an hour for labor.

Yeah, I messaged GMC (probably a robo account) as much.  Think I found a dealer outside of Texas that wants to deal.  Have to wait for it to be built and delivered, but I guess we will see how it goes.

Edited by Pkb2021