Transmission issue

Hey guys, hopin u can help me out. My 2014 silverado 1500 started a clunk everytime it shifts down from 2nd gear to 1st. A shop near me threw and transfer case (bc it was dangerously low on ATF) and u-joints at it but that did not fix the problem. It also struggles to get going when you put it in gear like something is holding it back or it is trying to pull a big load. Got any advice?

Edited by Caleb Meyer

2 hours ago, Caleb Meyer said:

Hey guys, hopin u can help me out. My 2014 silverado 1500 started a clunk everytime it shifts down from 2nd gear to 1st. A shop near me threw and transfer case (bc it was dangerously low on ATF) and u-joints at it but that did not fix the problem. It also struggles to get going when you put it in gear like something is holding it back or it is trying to pull a big load. Got any advice?

Welcome to the site.

So, the shop repaired everything around it, but did they have any idea what is wrong with the transmision?

No, the shop I brought it to doesnt do alot with transmissions. I asked another shop near me that does but they usually throw a reman in cuz it's just cheaper for them and less liability in case they mess something up. I do know my brakes on the front are pert near metal if not metal on metal so I  wonder if they sieze up on that low speed but then are fine when I get to high way speed b/c it coasts really nice. 

Edited by Caleb Meyer

On 8/2/2021 at 9:06 PM, M1ck3y said:

So what exactly did the shop do?

They threw a transfer case in hoping that would fix it and when u didn't they did u-joints but that didn't fix it either. The transfer case was bassically a ticking time bomb tho b/c it was really low on oil. So that was justified.

I just didn't think that the brakes would do that. My buddies 1500 had metal on metal before I put new pads and rotors on and his brakes never seized just were grinding. But I wonder if the caliper got hot from that bare pad on there and now they just seize instead of letting off after I apply them.