S&B vs Cold Air Inductions Air Intake - Fuel Economy (MPG)

• 3 weeks later...

No intake can give you better fuel economy.  If a simple intake would raise the fuel economy they would have done it at the factory as they have federal mandates to meet for their fleets.  It won't give you better hp either.  It is just for sound.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 7:20 AM, Schumacher said:

No intake can give you better fuel economy.  If a simple intake would raise the fuel economy they would have done it at the factory as they have federal mandates to meet for their fleets.  It won't give you better hp either.  It is just for sound.

99.999%correct.  The only asterisk would be if you spend a lot of time at WOT, then maybe a performance intake would give you increased performance over OEM.  But I don't hear about many people drag racing their trucks on this forum.  A new intake is just a noise maker for most people.

Edited by TxTruckMan

On 6/18/2022 at 6:17 PM, TxTruckMan said:

99.999%correct.  The only asterisk would be if you spend a lot of time at WOT, then maybe a performance intake would give you increased performance over OEM.  But I don't hear about many people drag racing their trucks on this forum.  A new intake is just a noise maker for most people.

I drag race mine. Ran 14.95@93 stock, 14.4@95mph with a afe magnum intake and the truck lowered 2” in the front, 4” in the rear and lighter wheels/tires (10lbs each corner)

Now at some point i had a bad lifter, no idea when it failed, its fixed now and I also have a new hood with a functional ram air scoop to bring fresh air straight to my open box intake. So hopefully that hood gives me some power back since the i take wont be sucking in as much hot air from the engine bay. Been trying to get back out to the drag strip but rain keeps canceling the events.