S&B vs Cold Air Inductions Air Intake - Fuel Economy (MPG)

Ive had two S&B intakes on my trucks. A 2018 and now a 2019 model. I really like the high quality of precision put into them. 

I also like S&B because they don’t claim bogus Hp gains. They focus more on increase air flow. 

I went with S&B this go round for extra air flow. The truck already had headers installed when I purchased it.

The only thing I wish I could change out, is going towards a dry type reusable filter replacement. Not a real fan of the oiled.

7 hours ago, DenaliSS said:

I went with S&B this go round for extra air flow. The truck already had headers installed when I purchased it.

The only thing I wish I could change out, is going towards a dry type reusable filter replacement. Not a real fan of the oiled.

Ya. I got the white disposable one. At 20k miles I took it out and blew it out softly with an air hose like S&B instructed. I’ll replace it at 50k miles like they have stated. 20k miles it wasn’t too bad. Still runs great and really like the aggressive look of it. 

8 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

Ya. I got the white disposable one. At 20k miles I took it out and blew it out softly with an air hose like S&B instructed. I’ll replace it at 50k miles like they have stated. 20k miles it wasn’t too bad. Still runs great and really like the aggressive look of it. 

Pretty sure I’m gonna go this route myself after looking at CAI, Rotofab, etc.  It looks nice and appears to have best flow capability, better than factory filtration, and “bonus” is a lower price than most others.

Edited by RCF71

Buying a CAI to improve fuel economy is a waste of money, unless you drive at WOT all the time.  I agree with the first response, the OEMs do everything they can to improve fuel economy.  If there were easy gains with a replacement intake they would have already done it.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:29 AM, TNTSilverado said:

Ive had two S&B intakes on my trucks. A 2018 and now a 2019 model. I really like the high quality of precision put into them. 

I also like S&B because they don’t claim bogus Hp gains. They focus more on increase air flow. Plus those other brands. How do you really know for sure they are truly sealed under the hood once it shut???  U can’t tell. The S&B is fully inclosed and then draws air from different areas of the box. To each their own. Never been a fan of the hood sealed CAI. 

my 2019 ram with a afe intake had a outline on the padding under the hood from the intake box. So you can defiantly tell it was sealed. 

7 hours ago, Snakes709 said:

my 2019 ram with a afe intake had a outline on the padding under the hood from the intake box. So you can defiantly tell it was sealed. 

And when that rubber seal wears out??? Then it leaks and it’s not a true Enclosed CAI!!  The S&B or Roto-Fab are and made out of high quality material. That’s why I choose them. Good luck with yours. 

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

And when that rubber seal wears out??? Then it leaks and it’s not a true Enclosed CAI!!  The S&B or Roto-Fab are and made out of high quality material. That’s why I choose them. Good luck with yours. 

As i mentioned above, s&b isnt a true enclosed as its sucking hot air from the fender. 

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Snakes709 said:

As i mentioned above, s&b isnt a true enclosed as its sucking hot air from the fender. 

Sorry, yes it is.  Way more efficient then yours. Look at the air flow data. Compare the two and you will see the S&B performs better. 
As for “supposedly” sucking hot air from fender??  I’d like to see data on that for sure wondering if it is or not. I know for a fact it hooks straight into the factory cold air duct work from the front of the grill area and gets all that cold air. 
We could debate all day but at end of the day buy what you want and I’ll continue to buy the one that has the best air flow. 

1 hour ago, ls5454ss said:

I love how this thread got completely hijacked from my original question/s...  🤣😂

...sorry, I had to...

This is how most of the threads around here go.  A few people answer and then it turns into a dick measuring contest.  Truck guys are hard headed I guess.

2 minutes ago, TxTruckMan said:

This is how most of the threads around here go.  A few people answer and then it turns into a dick measuring contest.  Truck guys are hard headed I guess.

LOL!  Well said...and exactly the experience I've seen here.  Kind of sad, but, it is what it is...

6 minutes ago, TxTruckMan said:

You should see what LS1Tech is like haha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TxTruckMan said:

I guess I’m not understanding the so called “dick measuring contest “ statement because this thread is about an S&B intake and I have had 2 of them and 1 right now on my truck and was just answering a simple question on it. Then debating on the other post making a point that it’s a true cold air intake system. 

Do u have an S&B intake?