OK to use Helper Springs with WDH?

malibu43

We just bought a 25' travel trailer, as well as a new 2021 5.3 1500 Silverado Z71 that I will use for towing as well as daily driving.  GVWR of the trailer is 6400lbs.  I have a WDH (RV dealer set it up and so still needs some dialing in) that I will always use for towing. 

I also have a set of EZ 990 helper springs from my 2015 Silverado laying in the garage.  I know the helper spring is not an alternative to the WDH, but I was thinking of using them in conjunction to take some of the squish/bounce out of the back the truck when towing, and also to reduce the sag by just a little.  It's Ok to put on the helper springs as long as I go through the WDH setup again, right?  I was researching online last night, and while a lot of people say you shouldn't need helper springs with a properly set up WDH, I also saw that the Max Tow package from GM includes stiffer rear springs, so there must be some advantage there...

Thanks!

Edited by malibu43
  • Like 1

• malibu43 changed the title to OK to use Helper Springs with WDH?