unused electrical connections

wantz87

good day everyone, I recently pulled out all of the dash trim to do a vinyl wrap on them. In the process, I found several unused electrical connectors sprinkled throughout. Wondering if anyone here has figured out what they are for. I know there are many people on here more skilled at electrical than I that have plumbed the depths of these trucks along the likes of pgamboa (I don't know how to tag him, if someone can educate me or point him this way.) Any and all help would be appreciated.

Truck is a 2014 Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ, to my knowledge, there weren't many options this truck didn't come with.

The first picture is located behind the the drivers side door jamb of the dash.

The second picture is in the passenger side of the dash behind the door jamb panel.

The third is a multi part question. This picture is behind the radio screen. there are two ports in the upper circle and one in the lower circle that are unused. I am also curious about what else would be wired into the green and beige terminals from the factory, or are those set aside for aftermarket accessories?

IMG_20210830_171032858.jpg

IMG_20210830_213039946.jpg

IMG_20210901_205525072_HDR-1.jpg

Edited by wantz87
consolidation of posts

3 hours ago, wantz87 said:

good day everyone, I recently pulled out all of the dash trim to do a vinyl wrap on them. In the process, I found several unused electrical connectors sprinkled throughout. Wondering if anyone here has figured out what they are for. I know there are many people on here more skilled at electrical than I that have plumbed the depths of these trucks along the likes of pgamboa (I don't know how to tag him, if someone can educate me or point him this way.) Any and all help would be appreciated.

Truck is a 2014 Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ, to my knowledge, there weren't many options this truck didn't come with.

The first picture is located behind the the drivers side door jamb of the dash.

The second picture is in the passenger side of the dash behind the door jamb panel.

The third is a multi part question. This picture is behind the radio screen. there are two ports in the upper circle and one in the lower circle that are unused. I am also curious about what else would be wired into the green and beige terminals from the factory, or are those set aside for aftermarket accessories?

First picture is X315.  Mostly only used on Tahoe/Suburban.  Headliner harness for active noise cancellation.  

Second picture the blank would house a big bodied connector which would be power feed to the sunroof.  

Third picture, the tops are the back of the radio.  Those two unused on the right could just be ports for a different vehicle that uses the same radio.  

Third picture, the bottom module.  That is the Onstar Telematics Control Module.  Again, could be un-used in your truck but used in a different vehicle that uses the same module.  

I am also curious about what else would be wired into the green and beige terminals from the factory, or are those set aside for aftermarket accessories?

Nothing else and no not set aside for aftermarket stuff.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1