Please help 98 Gmc Sonoma coolant/oil?

98sonoma

Question

Hey guys. Thanks for any help in advance. So long story short. I have a 1998 gmc Sonoma v6. About a week ago it started overheating on me and noticed there was coolant loss and it was mixed in the oil milky color. I’m no mechanic but I try my best to do what I can to save money. So far I’ve replaced the water pump thermostat did a radiator and heater core flush and did about TEN bars head gasket and Intake gasket sealer. Changed the oil and filter and correct coolant is in truck. It will start up fine and heat will work sometimes kinda weird. But than when i try to drive it I have really no power and it will end up dying out and I’ll see steam/smoke coming from my air intake throttle body. Please help me!!!!! 

3 answers to this question

To big of a leak for the sealant to work.  Time to pull the intake and inspect.   Also with the sealant in the system, it can cause issues clogging up your heater core.  Thus, why you don't get heat.

Edited by Black02Silverado

Sounds like you might have a blown head gasket, and if it got real hot i would have the head magnafluxed and checked for cacks, if you let it over heat too much the heads can crack between the valves