Running boards not deploying on 2019 Sierra Denali

I just got a used 2019 1500 Denali and power running board on drivers side isn't deploying.  When you open the door, it attempts to deploy however stops and retracts.   I can use my foot to "assist" it deploying however it's slower then the other one.   There are no lubrication options or obvious blockages.

Any thoughts on just replacing the motor or should I be looking at the retracting arms as well?

3 hours ago, Daniel Stolt said:

I just got a used 2019 1500 Denali and power running board on drivers side isn't deploying.  When you open the door, it attempts to deploy however stops and retracts.   I can use my foot to "assist" it deploying however it's slower then the other one.   There are no lubrication options or obvious blockages.

Any thoughts on just replacing the motor or should I be looking at the retracting arms as well?

Welcome to the site.

Where is the truck on mileage? Still under the Bumper to Bumper warranty from the factory?

Before launching the parts cannon at it I probably would pull the motor and see if it performs the same way with out a load (the steps) on it. Then also check the steps range of motion manually to make sure there isn't any binding going on.