Information New Sound System Non-Bose

Hi !

I bought a GMC Sierra Elevation 2021 w/o Bose Sound System. 

My Radio is IOR 8inch.

What is the best way for add a Ampli ?

I have 3 Solutions.

- T-Harness of LLJ Custom with LC-4.800

- Axxess Integrate AXDSPL-GM31 or AXDSPX-GM31 setup with CellPhone and Add Ampli LC-4.800

- Sound System Kicker Full Plug and Play of GMC # Parts 19417165 (2 Ampli with Wiring and Subbwoofer)

In the 3 situations, I will change my speaker afterwards.

Thank You !!

Edited by marcki8506

Hey there, if it planning on keeping the oem head unit you're going to have to install an LOC,  it's a processor that allows you to use your infotainment system if you plan on upgrading with speakers and or amplified. I happen to be in the process of upgrading. I've already installed new speakers, subwoofer. Just waiting for my harness that's been made so that I can set up and install my processor and amplifier

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 2:08 AM, Albert Palos said:

LLJ Customs car audio fabrication is doing my harness. I have an IOS with no factory amplifier

Hi Albert,

Since you are in the middle of this process, maybe I could poke your brain a bit... Looking at my screen (8 inch), I am confused by my IOR RPO code. According to some oddity I saw online, the IOR has a 7 inch screen and doesn't have Sirius radio, but mine is 8 inch and does have Sirius.

Beyond that, I am thrown for a loop about the factory amplifier. How on earth do I tell if I have one? Crutchfield seems to think that the Tuner and Amplifier are one unit, and it is separate from the display. So the display is in the dash, but the Tuner/Amp combo is under the dash on the right side. The confusion comes from the fact that some online state that the IOR doesn't have an amplifier (but if the screen in the dash is only that... JUST a screen, wouldn't there HAVE to be an amplifier circuit somewhere??).

All of this comes up as I see more and more contradictory info, with no solid answer, and in choosing which equipment to get, I have to obviously know what exactly I have, versus what exactly I need.

Thanks in advance for any insight you could lend me!

Take care,

Ron

What I have been told by the dealership parts/service people is that the only way to know which unit you have (IOR or iOS) is to give them the vin and they will tell you.  Due to parts shortage and suppliers issues there has been a mix match of parts installed during build depending on availability at the time your truck came down the assembly line.  I purchased the kicker sub package with extra 4 channel amp and had the dealership install it. However while doing so they found that the supplied wire harness only fits the IOR system and I had the iOS..  also found out that GM doesn’t offer a wire harness for the iOS system so I have a $1200 purchase that I can’t use.  If you have the IOR system it will plug and play for you if interested I’ll sell it to you for $700

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 7:19 PM, vwgtiturbo said:

Hi Albert,

Since you are in the middle of this process, maybe I could poke your brain a bit... Looking at my screen (8 inch), I am confused by my IOR RPO code. According to some oddity I saw online, the IOR has a 7 inch screen and doesn't have Sirius radio, but mine is 8 inch and does have Sirius.

Beyond that, I am thrown for a loop about the factory amplifier. How on earth do I tell if I have one? Crutchfield seems to think that the Tuner and Amplifier are one unit, and it is separate from the display. So the display is in the dash, but the Tuner/Amp combo is under the dash on the right side. The confusion comes from the fact that some online state that the IOR doesn't have an amplifier (but if the screen in the dash is only that... JUST a screen, wouldn't there HAVE to be an amplifier circuit somewhere??).

All of this comes up as I see more and more contradictory info, with no solid answer, and in choosing which equipment to get, I have to obviously know what exactly I have, versus what exactly I need.

Thanks in advance for any insight you could lend me!

Take care,

Ron

In the middle of an install of a sub amp and sub box under back seat and speakers in doors and tweeters replaced with focal speakers. All this in my 2019 AT4. From what I understand, if your door speakers have the Bose badge then you amp/tuner is behind the back seat. There is a T harness available but I tapped into the yellow/yellow black wire for sub and went into a LC2 converter (you can google the LC2). If your doors do not have a Bose badge the your amp/tuner is under the glove box. There is nothing in the dash but the display and there is zero room behind the display. I can only assume all this is still true for your year model.

Yes it’s the same for 2021.  The screen is just a display. The unit itself is behind the glovebox and does NOT have an amp.  It has its power internally just like any base stereo does.  The Bose has an external amp and it’s behind the back seat.  The kicker sub alone is a perfect match for the bose system and sounds great!!! For those WITHOUT the Bose you can buy and install the kicker sub and it makes a great addition to the non Bose system as well.  If you want more power then I can tell you from experience that it’s priced too high through GM.  If you DO get the $1200 system from GM, MAKE SURE YOU ORDER THE ONE THAT GOES TO YOUR PARTICULAR SYSTEM!!! Some are IOS, some IOR.  Give your ViN to the parts department and they can tell you which system you have.    

• 3 months later...
On 11/22/2021 at 5:17 AM, Albert Palos said:

Hey there, if it planning on keeping the oem head unit you're going to have to install an LOC,  it's a processor that allows you to use your infotainment system if you plan on upgrading with speakers and or amplified. I happen to be in the process of upgrading. I've already installed new speakers, subwoofer. Just waiting for my harness that's been made so that I can set up and install my processor and amplifier

Help me understand new here to owning a stuck with this crappy infotainment restrictive POS system Chevy has locked us into. An LOC? So if I am just tapping into a rear speaker connection for a signal and running a line level converter to a mono amp with a bass knob why do I need to complicate my life with a processor also I’m upgrading all speakers to pioneer Pros.

You don’t have to have a dsp or loc if your just adding speakers and sub.  Gm sells a kicker system ( 4 channel amp + mono amp and 10” sub that plugs right in IF you have the IOR radio.  If you have the IOS radio then you can tie in to the FRONT speaker wire and run it to sub.  Use the front because it is where the bass signal is best.   If you want a full 4-7 channel system then you need an LCI or LOC to convert all 8 speaker wires to rca jacks for the amps